Personal note

dsinned_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Doesn't look like I'm going to be riding my CB as much as I would like.

Tomorrow, I'm having a neck dissection to remove a malignant cyst about the size of a tennis ball, my second bout with cancer in a year, which should keep me off the bike for awhile.

On another sad note, today, I had to put down my dog due failing health. He was like a son to me for the last 11 1/2 years. So sad.

I have made several new friends here and just wanted to thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

Dennis (aka "dsinned")
 
Really sorry for the loss of your dog. I know how painful that is even when putting him/her down is what's best and necessary. I wish you a successful surgery tomorrow and a quick, complete recovery to follow. I look forward to more posts from you about your rides and the positivity that flows from that!
 
Dennis, I'm very sorry to hear both about your dog and your second cancer. Here's hoping the old adage about bad things coming in threes holds true for you.

Very best wishes for tomorrow.

Note: I'll move this thread to the 'General discussion' forum.
 
Dsinned, best of luck with your C. Your bike will be waiting for you when you are ready to ride again.
 
dsinned, you are now on our prayer list. We wish the very best for you with your treatment. Also, so sorry to hear about your dog. The wife and I are dog lovers and we well understand the heartbreak of losing such a fine and loving companion. Hope you're back on the CB very soon.
 
All the best for a speedy recovery :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Very sorry for your loss. Many of us have been through the loss of a pet too and know how that hurts.
A long term pet is a member of the family and almost like one of your children. It tears your heart out to lose them.
 
dsinned_imp said:
Doesn't look like I'm going to be riding my CB as much as I would like.

Tomorrow, I'm having a neck dissection to remove a malignant cyst about the size of a tennis ball, my second bout with cancer in a year, which should keep me off the bike for awhile.

On another sad note, today, I had to put down my dog due failing health. He was like a son to me for the last 11 1/2 years. So sad.

I have made several new friends here and just wanted to thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers.

Dennis (aka "dsinned")
You can't keep a good man down. Do you what you have to do.

We expect to hear from you as soon as you wake up from the surgery, and you better have some good stories about nurses and such or you'll be sent back for another procedure!
 
Dang. I find putting a pet down is the hardest to deal with. They really burrow deep into the heart. Good luck with the cancer, sounds like you and your doctor have a good treatment plan in hand and hopefully it will be under control and defeated.
 
Sorry for the loss of your pet. Sounds like you have had a really bad year. Best wishes for a much better next twelve months and future!
 
Best of luck with your surgery and wishing you a quick recovery. Also please accept my heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your canine best friend. A good dog offers so much to our lives and ask for very little in return, yet their time with us is way too short! As with all loved ones passed, you keep them with you forever with fond memories.

God bless!
 
Dennis, you will be in all of our prayers you will beat this thing! On 8/15/14 we had to put our sweet less than 9 YO pitbull down due to illness they couldn't fix,she was very sweet and I feel your pain because that was the worst day of my life, hang in there my internet friend, it will get better..Steve..
 
I wish you well on your surgery and will add you to my prayers.
Fully understand about your Dog as I have been threw so much pain and so much pleasure with My German Shepard's and Alsatians.

the pain will subside from the loss , then smile because you had such a friend for the years they give you.
 
Back
Top