Permanent garage door opener

When I go to pick up my new bike next week about 3 hour drive. There is a place rite down the road that sells the park n move on eBay he told me to bring cash and he would make me a deal on one! I really think they will help give ya more room in your shop. You can put a bike rite up against a wall :)
 
Thread starter
That's awesome! My walls are completely covered by shelving units but I definitely see the merit in being able to slide it sideways.

That said, all of the particle board shelving is sagging in middle like a trampoline mid jump. Terrible.

Waiting for the top shelf to go, taking out all of the shelves below it in the process!
 
Ridem32_imp said:
I'm getting the park n move. They got them on eBay $200.
SS where do you find the opener that works off your passing switch? I know Harley has had them on there bikes for several years
I thought I shared this before but here it is... I believe this is it. Or you can modify a standard garage door opener if your good at those things

http://www.f2ptechnologies.com

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14570/i/flash2pass-powersports-garage-door-opener-system



Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
I've seen the post where you mentioned that before; I jumped the gun and dismissed it because I thought it would be some insecure system where a light receiver on the wall was the catalyst and someone else could open my door with their headlights, and their website doesn't do a much better job at explaining it. It does seem like it might be a secure system though. I'll keep researching it.

Edit: So it is an actual transmitter that lives in the headlight bucket. I might have to order this; my "clicker on the key" system is already bugging me with how the bike's vibrations against it make an awful buzz!
 
It's not the light that transmits it. It's the switch. You could hook up to horn or any switch that's on off on. The switch from headlight triggers the black box on you bike and it transmits to the wall switch. It's safe just like any other remote.
Best part is no battery's once you wire it to say your passing light switch the bikes battery powers the box the way I read it. I'm getting me one for sure. :)
 
I just bought one on eBay and got a extra transmitter for another bike. I'm going to hook it up to my pass lite switch and try to get transmitter in my headlight bucket! I will let y'all know if it fits in the bucket
 
Seems like flash2pass no longer sells these. Any other similar openers that would work with that switch ? I have looked all over the net with no luck...
 
[/i]Looks like everyone is out of stock. I have contacted JP cycles to see if they have one that fits my bike. Thanks.
 
That thing is pretty cool and a great alternative to the Flash2Pass
 
Ya. It's not cheap, but what on a motorcycle is... Also you do not wire into the bike's electrical system at all. Install literally was find where I wanted the button and make sure that is where the sticky side of the button goes.
 
Seems like I'll be doing this mod on my bike for both convenience, and bragging rights, mostly the latter :D

Anyone successfully done it?
 
I just attached my remotes to the bottom of the tank just behind the engine with velcro. One side has the remote the gate to my complex, the other side is for the garage. As I approach either, I just reach under the tank and hit the appropriate one. Did that to both of my bikes. There's more of a lip under the Triumph tank, so they are both completely hidden, just barely visible on the CB, but you just see the edges of small black boxes, you can't tell they are remotes. Had to order smaller remotes on Ebay, that was no big deal.
 
Back
Top