peg feelers

shap_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I know it is a little out of its element, but I am interested in taking my stock ‘13 to a track day. Anyone filed their peg feelers off? If so, do you get much more lean angle before you hit the centerstand? The pipe?
 
Shap, no filing needed. They come right off. Even Ferret did it ;)
 
It's basically a big bolt. Just take a wrench and unscrew them.
 
Thread starter
appreciate it guys...little embarrassed i hadn’t actually gotten down that low and realized it. for those of you who have done it, do you know what makes contact next? the centerstand? the pipe.
 
shap_imp said:
appreciate it guys...little embarrassed i hadn’t actually gotten down that low and realized it. for those of you who have done it, do you know what makes contact next? the centerstand? the pipe.
How low can you go , I have not found yet. I do not want to be a low life.
 
Actually its my boot too now that you mention it, although I tend to splay my toes for that very reason
 
Was actually looking for information on maximum lean angle of CB1100 and found this thread instead. For my standard 2013 bike, the bike can lean to about 44-46 degree only, peg feelers can grind till about 30mm before the next thing on bike start to touch the ground. On left side, side stand will start touching the ground, on right side, the frame will be touching the ground. Please be extra careful, as peg feeler will retract and cause less riding dynamic disturbance, but if you start touching side stand on left or frame on your right, you will either get sudden left pull (side stand drag) or front lift (frame touch ground lift of front wheel). Exhaust wouldn't touch ground till the front wheels is off the ground. But I believe the pre-load setting might change these as the front or back might be higher/lower depending on setting.

shap_imp said:
appreciate it guys...little embarrassed i hadn’t actually gotten down that low and realized it. for those of you who have done it, do you know what makes contact next? the centerstand? the pipe.
 
Back
Top