Parabellum

Southwend

Running like a top
Thread starter
Ok, I'm working on pictures. But as a quick review the Parabellum Scout is on. I have an 18" screen and an extra 4" screen. The install of the fairing was easy enough. Directions and individually labeled parts bags from the factory were over the top with detail. It does require some adjustment because it is a very close tolerance fit. Very, very close fit! I think I may have messed up my headlight adjustment in the process. So time and care are in order. Finish w/o factory paint needs sanding priming and painting. The trim pieces and interior finish are very nice and need nothing.
The 18" screen was factory insisted upon based on my 5'9" height. I look over the screen and the wind just touches the top of my helmet. Very very quiet ride. Almost anticeptic in a way because of the lack of wind, but great I'm sure for long distance also late season riding. The unit obviously has some wind tunnel work in its design because it handles the buffeting so well. It even bumps the wind out and around my hands. It also frames the guages nicely. I'm sure the 4" screen will see the most time, plus it has the cool factor over the 18".
The claim of better mileage is interesting and I will watch my mileage but the point for me was wind.
I have it painted to match (black) my body guy said that the colorite color was black with some green tint and he probably could have matched it, this AFTER my obscene $89.00 hosing over a little paint.
Pictures coming this weekend when I get the laptop back. Or if my 14 year old can help me do photo bucket with a camera---no laughing!
 
Dude it looks great on their website, but did it really cost $599.00? That seems really pricy for a windscreen, but if he only charged you $89 to match the color instead of the $200 listed on their site, that saved you about $110. I do like it, can't wait to see it on your black bike
 
Thread starter
I posted on gen discussion for camera how to into photo bucket.

Worth it? Tough question, I can only tell you my thinking.

1. Keeping the bike forever
2. Never taking it off, just changing windshields
3. I really liked the look reminds me of 900s
4. I wanted something more than a bug screen
5. I was impressed by the claims of the way it handled wind.
6. The folks at the parabellum factory take this wind thing VERY seriously, they were almost arguing with me because I did not want an 18" screen at first. Their point that at my given height the 18" screen was optimal wind protection.
So at 599.00 for the fairing with an 18" screen, I kicked in for another 4" tinted screen. I will do pictures of both of course.
 
Here is a stock pic from their website:

 
reminds me of a BMW R100CS.... and that is not a bad thing
I looked on the websight and I do like the way it is finished off on the inside also.
 
I dig the looks of this fairing and it sounds like a lot of engineering went into the design. I definitely have it on my list as riding on the highway does buffet me pretty good. Quality costs in the short-term, but works better and lasts longer than cheaper stuff. Thanks for posting your rebuttal, it changed my mind on the cost!
 
Thread starter
Southwind, it didn't work. Only the links to photobucket came through.
 
a68a70f41bce56115c5e28426f35091d.jpg


1c8977cdedb64bd54026ef64c25fc665.jpg


c1e0e1320815fd3d178166ff86a32ad8.jpg


65a3bc7dc5b8d3fc1502f0ccc0baf8b9.jpg


8128553c6898f22a89a6d9f2840f4c27.jpg


ee3cedc925e6a9a54829c15824d32414.jpg


329bff7e85b50c28dd6eefa4aecaa800.jpg


3d1d66218f0eb5ae83c4597a67a18766.jpg


fd3c6edf8dd0451cfe3c373ad3b7e0c4.jpg
 
Thread starter
Pictured is the tinted 10" windsdreen. This keeps wind off the chest but not the helmet. The 18" screen is a different story. I will switch it (4 screws and post a shot). I have a bad habit of being very picky. The more I spend on a thing, the pickier I become. By the time all was said and done I was north of $600 on this so the bar was high and I was primed to kick myself for money wasted. My wife of twenty years has just about given up on big presents because of the habit. In other words I am not one to rationalize a purchase after the fact, just the opposite. So when I say I am very happy and impressed with the design, detail fit and finish (especially where you can't see) I am not saying that to make myself feel better. The 18" shield looks a bit dorky to say the least, but provides a quiet windless ride. The tall screen is for my winter (southern va mild) riding and if I ever deside to go for a multi day adventure. I must admit that the thing I don't like about the taller screen is that it makes me feel somewhat disconnected from the whole motorcycle experience. It is definetly in the form follows function catagory, see the resemblance to the BMW 900s fairing?
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Southwind, it didn't work. Only the links to photobucket came through.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Southwind, it didn't work. Only the links to photobucket came through.
Don't blame me I had my 14 year old ask my tech consultant on this!
 
I know this thread is from last year, but I'm wondering if there has been updates with this shield. I've been looking hard at getting the Scout, and want to know if it's living up to it's billing. Any problems along the way? How tall you are might give me a good starting point at which height to go with.

Thank you,

Brian
 
Back
Top