Paint UV Protectant

DaSwami_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Folks,

With my new red '17EX, I have concerns about paint oxidation here in sunny Florida. Bike will be garaged but I've seen red paint do funny things here over time, from turning an orange-ish hue to pinkish.

What would you recommend to protect the paint? I've read on another forum they recommend 303?

Thanks...
 
My 2013 is red and has spent many days in the hot sun in south Georgia. I simply rub it down with some Honda cleaner spray when it gets dirty. Paint still looks like new.
 
I wouldn't worry too much about it if the bike is garaged. I've had red bikes that turned pink before, but only when they spent their lives parked outside in the desert sun. My garaged bikes have never had an issue with UV paint damage. In fact, when I ride my 25 yr. old CB750, I'm often asked if it's a new bike.
 
Back
Top