Paint Change

Cormanus_imp said:
Bazbro, is the tank bag big enough? :cool:
Ha! :). This was just prior to shipping the 'bike from the UK to Los Angeles for a three week tour (Coast, Redwoods, inland, volcanic park, Grand Canyon, etc.). With two of us, I needed ALL the luggage space I could get!
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Here's the 'purple'/silver of my BMW. It's actually a metallic mauve that they call 'aubergine'. It's very attractive with the silver, but maybe a bit 'girly' as a colour, perhaps?

aa6f2b7b83cee29b46d8a78cd4a34254.jpg
That looks like a ride that will take care of you while touring - and in style!
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Here's the 'purple'/silver of my BMW. It's actually a metallic mauve that they call 'aubergine'. It's very attractive with the silver, but maybe a bit 'girly' as a colour, perhaps?

aa6f2b7b83cee29b46d8a78cd4a34254.jpg
Beautiful blue Beemer :thumbsup:
 
Aubergine is actually a vegetable. A turnip I think.

the 67 Bonneville T-120 was Aubergine and white. The most beautiful of the Bonnies IMO.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
Here's the 'purple'/silver of my BMW. It's actually a metallic mauve that they call 'aubergine'. It's very attractive with the silver, but maybe a bit 'girly' as a colour, perhaps?

aa6f2b7b83cee29b46d8a78cd4a34254.jpg
As an aside, the 'company colour' of the TVRs I owned, was purple.

TVRs are anything but girlie!!

This was mine in Grigio Alloy Pearl (Ferrari colour), sadly sold now.

 
The ferret_imp said:
Aubergine is actually a vegetable. A turnip I think.

the 67 Bonneville T-120 was Aubergine and white. The most beautiful of the Bonnies IMO.
You're right, Ferret, it is a vegetable. Not a turnip, but a smaller, teardrop-shaped veggie... It's an ingredient of ratatouille.
 
Thread starter
EarsOnWheels_imp said:
Two more. I'd look at Triumphs and other bikes for paint schemes too.
I like these colours. Was there ever a Honda released in this colour scheme?



I know the Triumph TSX was similar colours

 
PB, the replacement exhaust means it has to go.

The ferret_imp said:
Aubergine is actually a vegetable. A turnip I think.

the 67 Bonneville T-120 was Aubergine and white. The most beautiful of the Bonnies IMO.
Aubergine is also known as eggplant. If I recall aright, Michael Franks’ girlfriend liked her eggplant/aubergine in 19 different ways.
 
There ya go, I knew it was some kind of vegetable. Thanks Cormanus for the correction.

I ate eggplant once in grade school. That once was enough.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
jedd_imp said:
Look at this one.
f512315ea7e486d02fa209b1f6d13007.jpg


baab5ad8ded267317c1ce902dfc0d8a2.jpg


571da57cf18e5d23a53bffef6498e9a6.jpg


3f96879352d92f2c205a2f19b7685e29.jpg
VERY SWEET AND HANDSOME :thumbsup:
...doesn't have center stand :(
With some free time, a bit of metal skills and welding, one could - if they really wanted to - maybe come up with a design to mount a custom center stand on this. Maybe the stand mounts backwards (i.e. bike jolts forward to erect the stand vs. usual backwards). Just thinking outside the box.

Pretty ride.
 
Back
Top