Paint Change

spartanheed_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
So whilst I love my new bike, I'm really not feeling the colour of it. The K10 tank is a bland grey and the side panels look like they've been sprayed with a rattle can in black.

I'm going to have a proper paint job done but I'm not sure what colour to go for? I've always liked the look of the candy gold but thats the most expensive paint going apparently and I've been quoted £650 to have the tank and side panels done

I also thought emulating the CB Four prototype would be cool, and the silver would be a cheaper colour. But then I think a silver tank, silver engine and silver wheels may be too much of the same colour.

I'm interested in peoples opinions.





 
For this type of set up:
#1 - red
#2 - gold
#3 - black, even if I am not fan of black colour
#4 - the other two
good luck
 
Houtman_imp said:
Mix all the colours together and see what it looks like , this way you will please everybody a little….
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Mix all the colours together and see what it looks like , this way you will please everybody a little….
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl:
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
 
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Mix all the colours together and see what it looks like , this way you will please everybody a little….
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl:
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Picture or it didn't happen, please
:cool:
 
Someone had to vote 'blue'. Seriously, it would be a tough decision for me. Not silver, I think. It's OK, but bland for a motorcycle. Blue, red, gold would all be fine with me.

One year, there was a stunning grey tank released in Japan and Asia, but I can't rustle up a picture just yet.
 
spartanheed, have a look at this post, 2018 CB1100RS.

I'd have sworn there was another picture of it as I thought the CB1100 may have been sent to Europe in that grey, but I can't find it.

Edit, I must have been thinking about the 2018 RS sent to Europe.

c81502be14dced88852d2a3662708f04.png


The colour is called 'Digit Silver Metallic'.
 
The red with gold stripe does it for me.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Mix all the colours together and see what it looks like , this way you will please everybody a little….
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl:
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Picture or it didn't happen, please
:cool:
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Picture or it didn't happen, please
:cool: In a picture you probably would not see all the different colors because of all the glitter in the paint.....
 
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Mix all the colours together and see what it looks like , this way you will please everybody a little….
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl:
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Picture or it didn't happen, please
:cool:
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Picture or it didn't happen, please
:cool: In a picture you probably would not see all the different colors because of all the glitter in the paint.....
Have you been a painter before retirement??
:thanks::clap::thumbsup::rofl::rofl: No , but know I paint all my finger nails in a different color....
Picture or it didn't happen, please
:cool: In a picture you probably would not see all the different colors because of all the glitter in the paint.....
Then, you must be an artist and very picky one :P
 
If there is a $100,- difference between red and gold you will be happy to have spent more on your favorite colour, i always wanted gold but just not available, you only live once, have a treat and i agree on your sentiment for the silver/black combo.
 
max_imp said:
If there is a $100,- difference between red and gold you will be happy to have spent more on your favorite colour, i always wanted gold but just not available, you only live once, have a treat and i agree on your sentiment for the silver/black combo.
... one of each please.


(if only so :( )
 
The CB750 colors are fun, but I think the Iris Purple from the 73 CB350 would be a stunner. I plan on getting my CB450 painted in the Iris Purple with the gold tank stripe.
 
Back
Top