Owner's Manual

46fab93307e72d61da34874d068dd00f.jpg


i emailed honda about a '14 owners manual and

honda called me and asked if i would like a service manual and sent me one also she said they didnt even have a manual for the 14 in pdf or paper form

i guess ill have too try helm for a owners i just want the one correct under the seat im glad they sent the service manual though
 
Considering what the service manual costs, that was a really nice gesture!
 
If any body is in need of a 13 owners i ended up buying a 14 owners manual so this 13 i would sell brand new, the 2014 manual i got from helm is torn so their sending me a spare as well
 
cj599_imp said:
46fab93307e72d61da34874d068dd00f.jpg


i emailed honda about a '14 owners manual and

honda called me and asked if i would like a service manual and sent me one also she said they didnt even have a manual for the 14 in pdf or paper form

i guess ill have too try helm for a owners i just want the one correct under the seat im glad they sent the service manual though
Out of curiosity, is the service manual worth the money? I have usually relied on Haynes or Clymer manuals where they detail a step by step teardown/rebuild. I have seen some hokey OEM service manuals over the years and was curious to know your take on it before I drop ~$65 on the OEM service manual.

(Which can be found here in case anyone is interested)
 
Whoops_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
46fab93307e72d61da34874d068dd00f.jpg


i emailed honda about a '14 owners manual and

honda called me and asked if i would like a service manual and sent me one also she said they didnt even have a manual for the 14 in pdf or paper form

i guess ill have too try helm for a owners i just want the one correct under the seat im glad they sent the service manual though
Out of curiosity, is the service manual worth the money? I have usually relied on Haynes or Clymer manuals where they detail a step by step teardown/rebuild. I have seen some hokey OEM service manuals over the years and was curious to know your take on it before I drop ~$65 on the OEM service manual.

(Which can be found here in case anyone is interested)

Out of curiosity, is the service manual worth the money? I have usually relied on Haynes or Clymer manuals where they detail a step by step teardown/rebuild. I have seen some hokey OEM service manuals over the years and was curious to know your take on it before I drop ~$65 on the OEM service manual.

[url=http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=AHC&Make=AHC&Model=CB06&Year=2014&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=](Which can be found here in case anyone is interested)

Yes its super detailed better that any aftermarket manual
 
Whoops, the service manual comes from Helm Inc if that helps you determine its quality.
 
cj599_imp said:
Whoops_imp said:
cj599_imp said:
46fab93307e72d61da34874d068dd00f.jpg


i emailed honda about a '14 owners manual and

honda called me and asked if i would like a service manual and sent me one also she said they didnt even have a manual for the 14 in pdf or paper form

i guess ill have too try helm for a owners i just want the one correct under the seat im glad they sent the service manual though
Out of curiosity, is the service manual worth the money? I have usually relied on Haynes or Clymer manuals where they detail a step by step teardown/rebuild. I have seen some hokey OEM service manuals over the years and was curious to know your take on it before I drop ~$65 on the OEM service manual.

(Which can be found here in case anyone is interested)

Out of curiosity, is the service manual worth the money? I have usually relied on Haynes or Clymer manuals where they detail a step by step teardown/rebuild. I have seen some hokey OEM service manuals over the years and was curious to know your take on it before I drop ~$65 on the OEM service manual.

[url=http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=AHC&Make=AHC&Model=CB06&Year=2014&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=](Which can be found here in case anyone is interested)

Yes its super detailed better that any aftermarket manual

Out of curiosity, is the service manual worth the money? I have usually relied on Haynes or Clymer manuals where they detail a step by step teardown/rebuild. I have seen some hokey OEM service manuals over the years and was curious to know your take on it before I drop ~$65 on the OEM service manual.

[url=http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=AHC&Make=AHC&Model=CB06&Year=2014&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected%5Fmedia=](Which can be found here in case anyone is interested)

Yes its super detailed better that any aftermarket manual
That's what I was curious about. I will go ahead and order one then. Thanks!
 
Man, a factory service manual sent for no charge is a very impressive gesture for sure. I'm of the opinion that it's a great manual, as is every other Honda service manual that I've owned. For those who actually find value in such manuals, I would also recommend Honda's Common Service Manual — it contains a LOT of information.

Links:

All of the factory CB1100 manuals currently available from Helm (including the 2014 Owner's Manual)

[url=https://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Style=helm&sku=61CSM00&class%5F2=AHC]Honda Common Service Manual

 
Cormanus_imp said:
Many thanks Kenny. I've updated the thread with a list of available electronic versions of user manuals. http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15973
To avoid questions about the 2014 US digital version of the user manual, you might put “not available” or perhaps a link to Helm’s page for a paper copy. I called and verified this with Honda Customer Relations, USA Powersports Division. A rep took down my information and said they would take this up the ladder and get me an answer. A couple days later a gentleman from their marketing team called me back with an answer. They were not sure why that years user manual was not made available online when all others were, but that Honda Motorcycle Japan was behind the decision and since it hadn’t been put up in 7 years, they said it likely never would be and then directed me to Helm, Inc. where I could purchase a paper copy.

Edit: I was planning on carefully removing the staples from mine and then scanning it so I could keep a digital copy on my phone (since you can’t even get a digital copy from Helm, Inc.). Kind of ridiculous to have to resort to that in the information age.
 
Thanks Whoops. I've amended the manuals page as you suggested.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Many thanks Kenny. I've updated the thread with a list of available electronic versions of user manuals. http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15973
I keep getting random requests to view because Google changed the link at one point. Would it be possible to remove the bad links from this thread to help guide people to the latest one that works? Ie, delete my first reply to this thread with the old link.


Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
35b534106596a6d56539fa29bf8c401a.jpg
 
kennyw, I followed the link in your first reply to this thread and got taken to Google Drive: Sign-in. Both links worked for me. Do you still want me to delete it?
 
Back
Top