Owners Manual Question

air charlie_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just bought a CB 1100 Saturday. I saw one for the first time a couple of weeks ago and could not stop thinking about it. I haven't had a street bike in over 15 years and was not really looking until I saw this one. (My last bike was a V 65 Sabre that I bought used in the early 90s).

Anyway my question is how do I get the seat off to get to the owners manual? I called my dealer about not getting an owners manual and he said its under the seat. Problem is that without being able to read the owners manual I have no idea how the seat comes off.:huh:

I have put 200 miles on the bike and love it. I have been scanning this forum the last couple days and finding lots of good info.

Thanks
 
easy unlock the helmet lock left side of the bike and right there behind the lock is a little tab you push down and then lift the seat off.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
easy unlock the helmet lock left side of the bike and right there behind the lock is a little tab you push down and then lift the seat off.
Thanks for the help. One of those things I should have asked about when I was buying it, but I was too excited to take it for a ride.
 
welcome..here to help. btw I also had an 85 V 65 Sabre. Tall,heavy son of a gun. Had plenty of power though.
 
Deanohh,

My salesman had to call the service manager out to show both of us how to get it off!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
welcome..here to help. btw I also had an 85 V 65 Sabre. Tall,heavy son of a gun. Had plenty of power though.
Yep, that was my impression also. Fast, but heavy, worked best if you were going in a straight line.
 
I've been in the dealership where I bought mine and two other shops and I've known more about the CB1100 that ANY Honda employee I've met.
 
Buffalorider,

I can believe that. My dealer STILL tells people the Non-ABS version is rear ABS only. Geez, both me and the service manager have corrected the salesman about that at least twice...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Buffalorider,

I can believe that. My dealer STILL tells people the Non-ABS version is rear ABS only. Geez, both me and the service manager have corrected the salesman about that at least twice...
Maybe he's confused by the linking between the front and rear calipers? Which, BTW, I don't like. I'm happy that I have ABS, but wish they had kept the front and rear circuits independent. It's very unsettling to hit the rear brake and have the front end react the way it does with the linking.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Buffalorider,

I can believe that. My dealer STILL tells people the Non-ABS version is rear ABS only. Geez, both me and the service manager have corrected the salesman about that at least twice...
Maybe he's confused by the linking between the front and rear calipers? Which, BTW, I don't like. I'm happy that I have ABS, but wish they had kept the front and rear circuits independent. It's very unsettling to hit the rear brake and have the front end react the way it does with the linking.
Maybe he's confused by the linking between the front and rear calipers? Which, BTW, I don't like. I'm happy that I have ABS, but wish they had kept the front and rear circuits independent. It's very unsettling to hit the rear brake and have the front end react the way it does with the linking.
What confuses him is the speed sensor ring on the rear wheel. The salesmen think if there is a ring, there is ABS, thus rear ABS only.
The Spaceman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Buffalorider,

I can believe that. My dealer STILL tells people the Non-ABS version is rear ABS only. Geez, both me and the service manager have corrected the salesman about that at least twice...
Maybe he's confused by the linking between the front and rear calipers? Which, BTW, I don't like. I'm happy that I have ABS, but wish they had kept the front and rear circuits independent. It's very unsettling to hit the rear brake and have the front end react the way it does with the linking.
Maybe he's confused by the linking between the front and rear calipers? Which, BTW, I don't like. I'm happy that I have ABS, but wish they had kept the front and rear circuits independent. It's very unsettling to hit the rear brake and have the front end react the way it does with the linking.
What confuses him is the speed sensor ring on the rear wheel. The salesmen think if there is a ring, there is ABS, thus rear ABS only.
 
Back
Top