Owls Head Transportation Museum

Great photos, Guth. Museums of that kind are fascinating—indeed, most museums I've been in reward the effort you put into them.

I'd also like to see the Vincent under full sail.
 
I visited the museum a couple of years ago, but they only had a few motorcycles.
From your pictures they have added greatly to the collection.
 
Great pics...the way those bars are set on the first Harley make modern sport bikes look ergonomically neutral by comparison.
 
Ferret, if you google motorcycle board track racing, and click on the pictures link, it looks like those bars were the preferred style.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret, if you google motorcycle board track racing, and click on the pictures link, it looks like those bars were the preferred style.
Ferret? Frulk?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret, if you google motorcycle board track racing, and click on the pictures link, it looks like those bars were the preferred style.
Ferret? Frulk?
Ferret? Frulk?
Always calling me out, huh? :D :blush:
 
Great pics, Guth. Owls Head is across Penobscot Bay from Deer Isle which is where my wife and I honeymooned almost 27 years ago. I so want to get back to the Maine coast on two wheels. I'll add a stop at this museum to my itinerary. :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret, if you google motorcycle board track racing, and click on the pictures link, it looks like those bars were the preferred style.
Ferret? Frulk?
Ferret? Frulk?
Always calling me out, huh? :D :blush:
Yeah. Sorry. Nothing better to do. :cool:
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
Great pics, Guth. Owls Head is across Penobscot Bay from Deer Isle which is where my wife and I honeymooned almost 27 years ago. I so want to get back to the Maine coast on two wheels. I'll add a stop at this museum to my itinerary. :)
My wife and I also honeymooned here in New England (almost 23 years ago). While the roads right along the coastline are pretty clogged with vehicles, there appears to be no shortage of fantastic winding inland roads that run along lakes, rivers and streams. However, a lot of the roads in Maine are pretty rough as they surely take a beating from the weather. I'm in New Hampshire at the moment and the roads here are very nice. I've visited the New England area many times (my wife has family in the area) — it's a beautiful place.
 
Back
Top