over engine guards do not fit DLX

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I have Over st. steel engine guards on my 2013 and ordered a set for my 2014 DLX.
Mr. T. just send me a email to say that they will not fit the 2014 DLX because the 6 speed transmission.
Not enough clearance, I will put the Honda OEM guards on instead and wait to see if Over will make a set for the DLX.
 
We have clearance, Clarence.
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
Tower's radio clearance, over!
That's Clarence Oveur. Over.
Over.
Roger.
Huh?
Roger, over!
What?
Huh?
Who?
 
Thread starter
Mr.T is the best person to deal with regarding the CB1100, he keeps you well informed in a timely manner.
WE are lucky to have him and of course the other way around to.
 
Thread starter
I do not know if the # are different , but the reason the guard does not fit is because the 6 speed and the slightly different outside on that transmission.
 
Who's on first?
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have Over st. steel engine guards on my 2013 and ordered a set for my 2014 DLX.
Mr. T. just send me a email to say that they will not fit the 2014 DLX because the 6 speed transmission.
Not enough clearance, I will put the Honda OEM guards on instead and wait to see if Over will make a set for the DLX.
Interesting. The Over guards on my '13 have about 1/4" clearance between the rear U-bolt and the front sprocket cover on the left side. I suppose if the '14 transmission case is just a tad wider, that would push the DLX (metal) sprocket cover out and close the gap.

Good thing Takashi found out before a bunch of people ordered 'em.
 
No. Who's on first.
 
752c73ebe931498dfcf2cc0419cfce95.jpg
 
Back
Top