Our own Ton club

Ack-CB11_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Looks like we should have a Ton club on here, not MPH but horsepower. The 100 mark seems reachable with bolt on parts alone.
 
I'll be an enthusiastic supporter, although I can't join the chase for now. Maybe sometime next year when Uncle Sam sends my tax return I can get a few more parts like the PC-V to get further along toward the goal.

As close as a couple bikes are now, it's got to be an attainable goal.
 
meowguy_imp said:
I will be with you in spirit. I did the ton on my Honda 305 Dream back in 1967. I am not going there again.

They are talking about making 100 horsepower, not running 100 mph.
 
meowguy_imp said:
Sorry I missed that. Same answer only slightly different, not interested.

Lol... I understand completely and I'm right there with ya. ;)
 
100 mph on the CB is such a non-event it's ridiculous. I went out west yesterday to Palm Beach International Raceway to meet some friends who were doing a bike track day. On the deserted roads I was running well over 100 and the bike was as stable and solid as it is at 60.

Even better: the CB still draws a crowd. People were walking right past $30k Ducati unobtanium to check it out. When I was ready to go there were three guys standing around it with questions and comments. How much, how fast, how many miles, etc. One guy had a BMW S1000RR, which is a stunning motorcycle. First time I've seen one in the wild; I want one of those!

I really wouldn't mind if Honda didn't bring any more CBs to the US. I like having a rare bike!
 
I'll cheer you on in your quest and I'll enjoy reading about it on this forum, but as for me, I don't want 100 HP and no way am I going 100 MPH!
 
I think the same guys who don't mind the CB having only 80 something hp are the same ones who don't care if they ever see 100 on the speedo. That would be me.

However I encourage others to see what this bike is capable of. We all learn in the process.
 
I've got a Speedo bikini bottom and matching shower cap on order from Amazon so I can re-create Rollie Free's famous speed run. All I need now is a few miles of salt flats.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I've got a Speedo bikini bottom and matching shower cap on order from Amazon so I can re-create Rollie Free's famous speed run. All I need now is a few miles of salt flats.
Ya live in Florida...just kick the tourists off the beach!


Lol..got to have pictures of that. Wait..do we really want that? :huh:
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Looks like we should have a Ton club on here, not MPH but horsepower. The 100 mark seems reachable with bolt on parts alone.
after looking it up on the urban dictionary, it doesn't sound like my "cup of coffee".
 
Deanohh_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Looks like we should have a Ton club on here, not MPH but horsepower. The 100 mark seems reachable with bolt on parts alone.
after looking it up on the urban dictionary, it doesn't sound like my "cup of coffee".
after looking it up on the urban dictionary, it doesn't sound like my "cup of coffee".

LOLOLOL I don't think UD has the correct definition!!!!! at least not the one I read!!!!!!!! bwhahahahahhaha
 
Pauley_imp said:
I'll cheer you on in your quest and I'll enjoy reading about it on this forum, but as for me, I don't want 100 HP and no way am I going 100 MPH!
This CB will do 100 mph so easy and it is a thrill. See my youtube video--http://youtu.be/YRsiVMJoqaQ .
 
gcarper_imp said:
Pauley_imp said:
I'll cheer you on in your quest and I'll enjoy reading about it on this forum, but as for me, I don't want 100 HP and no way am I going 100 MPH!
This CB will do 100 mph so easy and it is a thrill. See my youtube video--http://youtu.be/YRsiVMJoqaQ .
This CB will do 100 mph so easy and it is a thrill. See my youtube video--http://youtu.be/YRsiVMJoqaQ .
Yeah, gcarper. You just made a ton before the state line like you were running from the sheriff! You go, man! (I'm still not going to go that fast) ;)

Merry Christmas, everyone.
 
I've never done the ton on a motorbike—well, as s driver anyway—until I owned the CB1100. I clocked 170 Kmh (about 106mph) the other day and it was effortless.

I'm not sure I'll do it again and I'm not greatly interested in increasing the horsepower.
 
Back
Top