Other Honda forums...

decarmine_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just sold my Harley Wide Glide and purchased a used Honda Fury to join the CB1100 in my garage.

Before buying the Fury I searched for and found a Honda Fury forum. I don't want to say which one -- I don't know if there are many, or even any, others, but the differences between that forum and this forum are astounding!

The arguing, the language, and the general lack of respect and decorum on that forum was unbelievable. Maybe most forums are like that, but I have *never* encountered anything but dignified respect, a truly helping attitude, and a feeling of camaraderie on this forum.

I haven't posted much, but I read the postings and have learned much here. The willingness to share information among the members and the level of knowledge those members possess makes this a most enjoyable activity.

So... If anyone can point me to a Fury forum that is anywhere near the quality of this one I would be eternally (maybe not really *eternally*) grateful.

Thanks.

Frank
 
I joined the Valkyrie Forum and it is very much like this forum. everyone is very respectful and one of the members gave me a free factory shop manual in PDF. I do agree i have never seen a site as well run as this one.

Try looking for a Honda Forum and see if they have sub forums attached.
 
Frank we have a good group of people here. I frequent a couple other forums and you're right this one is a step above. Maybe several steps. The ST-Owners forum being an exception, run much like this one. I think that's due to Guth's family friendly rules, a more mature and understanding clientele, rules being understood and appreciated by most everyone, and the moderators enforcing and explaining the rules to those who choose to cross the line.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Frank we have a good group of people here. I frequent a couple other forums and you're right this one is a step above. Maybe several steps. The ST-Owners forum being an exception, run much like this one. I think that's due to Guth's family friendly rules, a more mature and understanding clientele, rules being understood and appreciated by most everyone, and the moderators enforcing and explaining the rules to those who choose to cross the line.
The time you spend replying to most posts, welcoming new members, just generally "being the ferret" is one of the things making this such a great forum. My thanks to you and Cormanus as moderators, Guth as founder, and to all the members so freely giving suggestions and advice. This is truly one of the best, if not the best, forum I've been on...
 
decarmine_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Frank we have a good group of people here. I frequent a couple other forums and you're right this one is a step above. Maybe several steps. The ST-Owners forum being an exception, run much like this one. I think that's due to Guth's family friendly rules, a more mature and understanding clientele, rules being understood and appreciated by most everyone, and the moderators enforcing and explaining the rules to those who choose to cross the line.
The time you spend replying to most posts, welcoming new members, just generally "being the ferret" is one of the things making this such a great forum. My thanks to you and Cormanus as moderators, Guth as founder, and to all the members so freely giving suggestions and advice. This is truly one of the best, if not the best, forum I've been on...
The time you spend replying to most posts, welcoming new members, just generally "being the ferret" is one of the things making this such a great forum. My thanks to you and Cormanus as moderators, Guth as founder, and to all the members so freely giving suggestions and advice. This is truly one of the best, if not the best, forum I've been on...
A agree 100%....many thanks Ferret, Cormanus and Guth!
 
The Fury is a cool looking bike but I think the attraction would be to a completely different demographic than you will find here. I believe it would be more like a chopper forum.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
I was a member of the Fury Forum just after the 2010 bike was released. My forum name was HansenFury. The forum was fine then, very different that it is now. When I sold my Fury in 2014 I left the forum. Recently I went back to check on my account and noticed the environment on the forum had changed drastically.

I am a Lifetime Member of the Honda CTX1300 Forum. My forum name is HansenCTX. I think the CTX1300 group is top notch--high class. I am one of the original members and the planner of the annual national CTX rally. I have only been on the CB1100 forum for a week. Everything I have experienced on the CB1100 forum has been great! The information (and entertainment) are delightful.
 
Thread starter
F800GT_imp said:
Sorry, I don't know about any good Fury forum.
Pictures of your new bike though ?
Haven't gotten it yet. It's being shipped from New York, I'm just north of Tampa. Expect it'll take maybe two weeks to get here...
Retsel_imp said:
The Fury is a cool looking bike but I think the attraction would be to a completely different demographic than you will find here. I believe it would be more like a chopper forum.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I understand that. Just asking for a decent Fury forum. If I find one, I'll be on both forums. If not, then maybe on "Other Bikes" section of this forum, as well as "General Discussion"...
LongRanger_imp said:
I googled a few Fury forums just now. Yikes! Lots of "my daddy can whip your daddy" nonsense and bravado.
Way, way different from this forum.
 
decarmine, the general rule here seems to be ‘we like people who like bikes’. We’d be happy to hear about your adventures on the Fury in the Other Bikes section. Don’t waste your time on forums full of testosterone and poor behavior. Life’s too short.
 
My guess is, and don’t take this the wrong way- the fury is more about looks than riding.

Guys who focus on looks as the primary attribute tend to have ‘interesting’ personalities, doesn’t matter if they drive a Honda chopper, Harley, mustang, bmw, jacked up diesel truck, Honda Civic...

And that gets compounded when such look at me vehicles become more accessible in price and the younger crowd moves in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
decarmine, I'm sorry but I don't have any Fury forums that I can recommend to you. Still, I do appreciate all of the kind observations and words. The ferret and Cormanus both make this forum great, and they both did so long before becoming moderators.

PowerDubs, I'm not quite sure what to say, as I was focused on the looks of the CB1100 more than just about anything else, lol.
 
Liking the looks of the bike for your own enjoyment, and appreciating others that enjoy it is different than over the top image issues.

I guess it is hard to explain typing online what I mean.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The reason I keep hanging are the people on this forum, I did join the CTX700 forum.
It is pretty good but not like this.
 
shoot me if this is a silly suggestion, but doesn't the Fury use the same engine (and kind of fit into the category with) the VTX series? Do you suppose there's bigger VTX forum with a niche for Fury owners?
PowerDubs_imp said:
My guess is, and don’t take this the wrong way- the fury is more about looks than riding.

Guys who focus on looks as the primary attribute tend to have ‘interesting’ personalities, doesn’t matter if they drive a Honda chopper, Harley, mustang, bmw, jacked up diesel truck, Honda Civic...

And that gets compounded when such look at me vehicles become more accessible in price and the younger crowd moves in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'll just make my way out the back door then....:P
 
I frequent the Ford Fiesta ST forum. It is a valuable place for tuning and other information, but is riddled with put-downs and general rudeness. I agree with some other posters here that the forum demographics could have a lot to do with it. The ST owners are predominantly younger folks and there also are MANY who know nothing about cars in general and the FiST in particular, who revel in becoming internet experts overnight and like to argue incessantly. There are a decent number of us old guys who love our little cars who participate there, at the cost of just having to let people post away.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Liking the looks of the bike for your own enjoyment, and appreciating others that enjoy it is different than over the top image issues.

I guess it is hard to explain typing online what I mean.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know what you are talking about Josh.

I ride a Harley and it is particularly bad amongst that demographic.

I typically walk away when the poser bravado comes out.
 
PowerDubs, are you trying to say 'image' rather than 'looks'? In other words, many who buy the Fury do so more because they are trying to present an image of themselves as a cool chopper-riding type than because they really like the bike?

I'm not picking on the Fury here; you could insert any other vehicle, I guess.
 
Back
Top