OT: Swapping the Prius for a Man Card

shdwghst457_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Completely off topic, changed my mind about being a Prius driver and buying another 4x4 Tundra.

Well I guess it's not that off topic, in the sense that I'm finding it hard to put a CB1100 in the back of a Prius!
68ab09861ee9fd035c008621927c28be.jpg

Excited to be able to haul stuff again.
 
I didn't know they would allow a Prius in Texas.....ironically hauling a Harley, turns the world upside down. The confusion it must cause...."can a Harley rider even wave to a Prius driving Harley rider, who owns a Honda CB".....dang, my head hurts.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I didn't know they would allow a Prius in Texas.....ironically hauling a Harley, turns the world upside down. The confusion it must cause...."can a Harley rider even wave to a Prius driving Harley rider, who owns a Honda CB".....dang, my head hurts.

:rofl:
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I didn't know they would allow a Prius in Texas.....ironically hauling a Harley, turns the world upside down. The confusion it must cause...."can a Harley rider even wave to a Prius driving Harley rider, who owns a Honda CB".....dang, my head hurts.
I hear it's legal in Austin.
 
Man, my head hurts too :)

So, what kind of trailer is that? How much does one cost?
 
Why not the new Silverado? I think they're made in Texas, too; my Tahoe was. New one (2014) has more power than my '13 but I can testify without hesitation, having owned the next generation Tundra for five years, that the Tahoe is a much more refined vehicle and tows the toy hauler a lot better than the Tundra did. Couldn't believe the difference. My Tundra was a 5.7 4X4 with the towing package.

Fuel mileage on the Tundra was terrible; I was lucky to ever see 17, unloaded. Tahoe gets 23 mpg on the freeway, but towing, it's 8-10.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Man, my head hurts too :)

So, what kind of trailer is that? How much does one cost?
It looks like one of the Harbor Freight trailers with a bike rail added. Pretty nice trailers for the money really. But don't forget to pack the wheel-bearings before use. Apparently the Red Army doesn't like to get their hands greasy so they ship them dry. Lots of people find out the hard way.
 
Thanks Spaceman, I'll keep that in mind if I ever get one!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Man, my head hurts too :)

So, what kind of trailer is that? How much does one cost?
It looks like one of the Harbor Freight trailers with a bike rail added. Pretty nice trailers for the money really. But don't forget to pack the wheel-bearings before use. Apparently the Red Army doesn't like to get their hands greasy so they ship them dry. Lots of people find out the hard way.
It looks like one of the Harbor Freight trailers with a bike rail added. Pretty nice trailers for the money really. But don't forget to pack the wheel-bearings before use. Apparently the Red Army doesn't like to get their hands greasy so they ship them dry. Lots of people find out the hard way.
Loving the turn of phrase there Spacey. :clap:
 
Thread starter
I don't know any details on that trailer, as I have neither a blue Prius nor a Harley. That pic's brought to you by the fine folks at Google Images. What I really wanted to find was a motorcycle stuffed inside a Prius, or on top of one!

As far Silverado vs Tundra, that's a conversation I won't have here. It'll get ugly fast. If I had to sum it up in one point though, I'd go with 'Tundras don't sporadically catch on fire and burn to the ground.'

I test drove a Sierra before I bought my last Tundra, and it was downright depressing. Tundra (2005, 4.7L) ripped out of that parking lot so hard I think the salesman pissed himself. I was overjoyed :D

Now I will say that the new Silvierras (Sierrados?) are undoubtedly worlds better than they were in 2004, but they had nowhere to go but up.

I also have this CB1100 for getting better gas mileage than a 5500 pound torque monster, so I'll be ok. Even my Acura gets low to mid 20s (or 16 driving like hell, or 30 on the highway, downhill, with a tailwind and the engine off), so the Tundra won't be a daily driver by any means.
Chevy [url=http://goo.gl/dYUSiG]Trucks [url=http://goo.gl/vl0uc3]Self [url=http://goo.gl/UuLL76]Destruct (4 different links, last one is the best)
 
shdwghst457_imp said:
I don't know any details on that trailer, as I have neither a blue Prius nor a Harley. That pic's brought to you by the fine folks at Google Images. What I really wanted to find was a motorcycle stuffed inside a Prius, or on top of one!

As far Silverado vs Tundra, that's a conversation I won't have here. It'll get ugly fast. If I had to sum it up in one point though, I'd go with 'Tundras don't sporadically catch on fire and burn to the ground.'

I test drove a Sierra before I bought my last Tundra, and it was downright depressing. Tundra (2005, 4.7L) ripped out of that parking lot so hard I think the salesman pissed himself. I was overjoyed :D

Now I will say that the new Silvierras (Sierrados?) are undoubtedly worlds better than they were in 2004, but they had nowhere to go but up.

I also have this CB1100 for getting better gas mileage than a 5500 pound torque monster, so I'll be ok. Even my Acura gets low to mid 20s (or 16 driving like hell, or 30 on the highway, downhill, with a tailwind and the engine off), so the Tundra won't be a daily driver by any means.
Chevy [url=http://goo.gl/dYUSiG]Trucks [url=http://goo.gl/vl0uc3]Self [url=http://goo.gl/UuLL76]Destruct (4 different links, last one is the best)

Meanwhile, on the Tundra forum, gents are discussing the relative merits of the CB1100 with the six speed box vs the Kawasaki W800 with a show box full of firelighters.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
shdwghst457_imp said:
I don't know any details on that trailer, as I have neither a blue Prius nor a Harley. That pic's brought to you by the fine folks at Google Images. What I really wanted to find was a motorcycle stuffed inside a Prius, or on top of one!

As far Silverado vs Tundra, that's a conversation I won't have here. It'll get ugly fast. If I had to sum it up in one point though, I'd go with 'Tundras don't sporadically catch on fire and burn to the ground.'

I test drove a Sierra before I bought my last Tundra, and it was downright depressing. Tundra (2005, 4.7L) ripped out of that parking lot so hard I think the salesman pissed himself. I was overjoyed :D

Now I will say that the new Silvierras (Sierrados?) are undoubtedly worlds better than they were in 2004, but they had nowhere to go but up.

I also have this CB1100 for getting better gas mileage than a 5500 pound torque monster, so I'll be ok. Even my Acura gets low to mid 20s (or 16 driving like hell, or 30 on the highway, downhill, with a tailwind and the engine off), so the Tundra won't be a daily driver by any means.
Chevy [url=http://goo.gl/dYUSiG]Trucks [url=http://goo.gl/vl0uc3]Self [url=http://goo.gl/UuLL76]Destruct (4 different links, last one is the best)

Meanwhile, on the Tundra forum, gents are discussing the relative merits of the CB1100 with the six speed box vs the Kawasaki W800 with a show box full of firelighters.

:rofl:
 
Back
Top