I headed out today for a bit more highway time and to check on how my CB is fairing in the MPG department (I've been getting less than 40 mpg in the stop 'n go city traffic that is my weekday commute). I got in around 150 miles total today but filled up before receiving any kind of warning from the instrument panel. My travels included this beautiful stretch of road. The CB performed really well on this trip and the plentiful torque allowed me to work through all of the twists & turns with far less shifting than I've been used to. Temps were in the 80's and there was abundant sunshine. All in all it was just about a perfect day for a ride. The exception being that I got stuck in bumper-to-bumper stop 'n go traffic crawling along at a snail's pace for about 15 minutes on Hwy 26 before I could turn off onto Hwy 47. Even with that setback, I averaged 53 mpg today and am quite happy with that.
Before making my way out of the city, I stopped by the local Ducati dealership to see what they had on hand for tail bags. While I was there every employee that happened to be outside stopped by to look at the CB, all of whom were extremely complimentary of the bike. I was surprised to see it garner so much attention at a place full of Italian exotica, but it was a big hit.
The CB, ready to roll:

Before making my way out of the city, I stopped by the local Ducati dealership to see what they had on hand for tail bags. While I was there every employee that happened to be outside stopped by to look at the CB, all of whom were extremely complimentary of the bike. I was surprised to see it garner so much attention at a place full of Italian exotica, but it was a big hit.
The CB, ready to roll:


