Or rather my lack of seat time...

Gone in 60_imp said:
Well now, there's an idea! Since I wired the rack to be independent of the bike's main wiring, both LED strips are on different strobe flashers. So, I might be rearended after all by bewildering whomever is behind me.
You could make it programmable in some sort of way.

Example:

Seems companies, like Honda, have in some recent year models added "fast flashing" to the rear brake lights (and front turn indicators?) when braking hard. This alerts the rear-enders that you are decelerating quickly.
 
Thread starter
Two flasher units that cost a few bucks each are enough effort for this project. I like them because as someone approaches when I'm at a stoplight, I can release then reapply the brake, so that I can catch a little more attention from whoever is coming up behind me.
 
It is a shame that we consider such measures these days to protect our behinds from a generation of distracted drivers. :dodgy:

Even the victims appear distracted. A few nights ago I and another picked up a cyclist out of an intersection who was hit head-on from a left-turning vehicle. Even as we carryfully lifted the victim out of the traffic path (because some selfish cars just had to continue their path to get to their destination :dodgy: ), the victim was texting. It was sad in many ways. Makes me think what everybody is doing on the roads these days.
 
Back
Top