Optimate 3 Battery Charger

Bighonda14_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I just got my brand new to me DLX with 1,100 miles and want to hook it up to my 3 year old Optimate 3 battery charger. Looks like Honda even puts their name on one of these as part of the marketing. Also looks like the attachment to the battery is already in place on my bike.

What kind of battery charger do you guys use? Any concern with, or good experiences with the Optimate 3? Other recommendations?

Also, looks like what is presently attached to my battery is not as heavy duty or weather proof as what was attached to my prior bike, but I can swap that out if desired.

Thanks.
 
I've used the same Optimate 3+ on my last 3 bikes and never had any battery issues. But then, I've never kept any bike more than 5 years...the CB may be a keeper though :)
My Optimate came with the Honda branding as well, but has a very good "weather-proof" pig-tail to permanently attach to the battery like the one shown on the amazon address below:

Amazon.ca
 
My '14 came with an Optimate pigtail already installed so I bought an Optimate 3 charger and have been using it on all my batteries.
Prior to that I've been using a Battery Tender ever since they came on the market and it was great too.
 
Another one using the Battery Tender, Jr. Have done so for a few years now and it seems to work well. There's also a USB adapter that fits onto the pig tail attached to the battery that allows you to charge your electronic devices.
 
Back
Top