MxHansen_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Hello everyone,
This summer I had the unfortunate experience of lowsiding my CB1100 as a semi truck attempted to enter my lane and squish me. I had a set of crash bars that *seemed* to do their job, but today when I removed them I noticed some additional frame damage.
Initially the insurance company offered me the option of taking a "cosmetic damage" reimbursement for the frame, instead of a complete frame replacement - which would total the bike. But this was all before I took off the damaged crash bars.
Anyone care to give their opinion on this damage? I would really like to keep this bike, but if the frame is compromised I will let it go.
Here is the initial damage that insurance saw:
Here is a close up of what I found under the dented crash bar:
Interested in other's thoughts.
Thank you.
This summer I had the unfortunate experience of lowsiding my CB1100 as a semi truck attempted to enter my lane and squish me. I had a set of crash bars that *seemed* to do their job, but today when I removed them I noticed some additional frame damage.
Initially the insurance company offered me the option of taking a "cosmetic damage" reimbursement for the frame, instead of a complete frame replacement - which would total the bike. But this was all before I took off the damaged crash bars.
Anyone care to give their opinion on this damage? I would really like to keep this bike, but if the frame is compromised I will let it go.
Here is the initial damage that insurance saw:
Here is a close up of what I found under the dented crash bar:
Interested in other's thoughts.
Thank you.



