ONE THING I HATE ABOUT THIS BIKE!

Stealth128_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Why in the would would HONDA design the seat release latch into a twist your back into a pretzel process trying to get it open! What Gives,
 
I just push it by feel, but yea, stupid system.
 
???? sorry to hear that you're having such a problem with the seat, but I'm 76 years-old and I don't have to go through any such contortions to remove the seat.
But we're all different I suppose.
Maybe in time you will develop a method of removal that works best for you.
Good luck.
 
Not only twist your back, but your finger that you insert and push. I still can't get it to work by feel most times. I can't understand why there couldn't be 1/4 turn of the key to unlock the helmet holder, and a further 1/4 turn to unlock the seat?
 
Thread starter
ClassicVW
Thanks I forgot to mention the finger thing also and if you have something in your other hand to put under the seat,becomes even more of a challenge. As you mentioned 1/4 turn to unlock the seat good idea. I think I'll email Honda to stop the needless suffering on their 2015 models.


ClassicVW_imp said:
Not only twist your back, but your finger that you insert and push. I still can't get it to work by feel most times. I can't understand why there couldn't be 1/4 turn of the key to unlock the helmet holder, and a further 1/4 turn to unlock the seat?
 
I watched a Honda Technician wrestle with mine when he went to install the battery tender Jr. It was a pain in the butt until I figured it out....now I can do it without even looking. But the design and configuration was not the best idea Honda had on this classic.
 
Never thought it was a problem, and found it quite natural. Actually I think I have already had a bike with the same system but I can't remember which one. VFR800 maybe?
 
May take Honda should have used the old school key method which you turn and the seat pops up.

But, with a wee bit of practice it's easy. The trick is practice.
 
I never wanted to confess to this but at first I thought the process was awkward. Always felt like I could use an extra arm to orchestrate the removal of the seat. Nowadays I don't think about it, I just get it done.
 
Yep, just checked online and my old VFR800 from 1998 had the same release system as the CB. So that explains why it was so familiar to me...
 
The lever is directly behind the silver helmet hook. Just stick your thumb of your right hand back there and feel it and push down, then lift seat up and back with left hand using the seat strap.
 
+1 on what ferret said. That's what I do. Its not rocket science. Good thing too as I'm not one ;) Rocket scientist that is
 
Funny, really, I often find it harder to get the seat to go back on than to get it off. Some days it just doesn't want to line up. :)
 
I use my left hand on the release and pull backwards on the rear of the seat. At first I was pulling on the strap, but with as much as I ride it seamed like I was over using it. Anyway is seams a bit smoother removing it by grabbing the back of the seat.
Yes installation sometimes is a bear.
 
Putting the seat back on Randy? Slide the tongue in the front and snap the seat down. What issue are you having?

I honestly take my seat off maybe every few weeks when someone asks a question on here and I have to retrieve my owners manual to check a spec or procedure.
 
Back
Top