One thing I didn't know before having a Cb1100...

enterlance_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Is that you can just release the clutch at 1st gear slowly to get the bike going, no throttle needed. Is this normal?
 
enterlance_imp said:
Is that you can just release the clutch at 1st gear slowly to get the bike going, no throttle needed. Is this normal?
Yep.

1. The EFI rules the idle speed of the motor,
2. the engine has well enough torque to do so.
 
Thread starter
Django_imp said:
enterlance_imp said:
Is that you can just release the clutch at 1st gear slowly to get the bike going, no throttle needed. Is this normal?
Yep.

1. The EFI rules the idle speed of the motor,
2. the engine has well enough torque to do so.
Yep.

1. The EFI rules the idle speed of the motor,
2. the engine has well enough torque to do so.
Thanks! It feels weird to me but also amazing!
I was worried for a second, thought there was a choke I didn't know lol
 
I noticed this too but idle seems to be higher only on startups and the rolling without throttle effect is lesser at operating temps


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Finally rode mine today a bit and was surprised how fast it took off. My impression was first gear was very tall.
 
enterlance_imp said:
Is that you can just release the clutch at 1st gear slowly to get the bike going, no throttle needed. Is this normal?
I think that current models of the Suzuki SV650 market this as a feature. Appears they have programmed the engine to speed up when the bike is in gear and the clutch is let out. I'll have to confirm that by looking up a new ad or two.
 
I think I read about that in a bike mag. Was to help newbies not stall the engine when taking off from a stop.
 
Back
Top