ONE MORE New (to me) 2014 DLX on the way . . .

I would absolutely do that (Ohio to North Carolina) if I could, and a great reason to see parts of the country. Mine was in New York, and the miles to California is more than a one-day trip at full-throttle.
 
Thread starter
B A R, did the DLX make it to you yet? Psyched to see photos and hear your initial impressions. :)

Just checked with my shipping company and no updates or specifics on when my bike will make it to NJ. I'm guessing another 10-14 days and feeling pretty impatient . . .
 
Not yet, but it's only 8:51am here. Hope you get yours soon and beat the Sturgis traffic (shipping bikes back-n-forth). I'll let everyone know.
 
Thread starter
The recent update is that the shipping company is optimistic my DLX will make it to me this weekend!

Is it all just a dream? Will I one day actually have a CB1100 in my garage? That's how it feels in many ways right now. :) Hah!!
 
This thread is like a Game of Thrones story....can't wait for the next update and pictures. We are all on the edge of our seats in anticipation. :biker:
 
Seeing Bighonda14's bike first.

Well thought you all would find this amusing or interesting. I was in the Denver area on business for two weeks and while searching Craig's list for my usual list of motorcycles found.
a CB1100 DLX for sale at a dealership only 5 minutes away. I posted on the forums if there were interested buyers I could go look at it. As it turned out Bighonda14 purchased it already with the assistance of another forum member going and looking at the bike. Is this a great group of guys here or what.

Well I was very busy at work and dropped by the dealership one night but they were closed. Still one gent opened the door, I told him I wanted to see the bike but he had no clue where it was.

Then while working Saturday my coworker and I went to the Smashburger in front of the dealership. As we left I spotted the CB about to be loaded. We pulled a fast right, pulled in and I explained the situation. The driver was kind enough to let me grab a photo and he took the photo in the truck as I was not allowed to enter. Great driver by the way, and good company. I will use them when I need service.

So I forwarded the photos to Bighonda14. The poor guy is still waiting for his bike, but two of us have seen it in person first.

He needs RLETS. You agree?

I had a good burger, saw my only other DLX in the wild, and the forum member that first looked at the bike for Bighonda14 invited me for a ride but I worked every, day in Denver and long days at that.

This is a class group of members.

dbbb3404941e484e9400cca19fde7a51.jpg


61d0a61395347025897a9e9d6c1c5ec6.jpg


4fe2b520c4059b7770a9233db302a211.jpg
 
Yes, I believe the RLET requirement was mentioned. :)
 
Thread starter
I got the call from the shipping company!!!! My long anticipated DLX will be delivered Saturday at 3 pm!! Holy mamma I can't believe it!
 
Four weeks after I saw it. That's an agonizingly long time to wait for a bike as pretty as this, but BH, it'll be worth it! Make sure the tires still have air!
 
Back
Top