ONE MORE New (to me) 2014 DLX on the way . . .

Bighonda14_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Like BayAreaRick I've been wanting a DLX for quite some time. After an entire life of riding and enjoying Hondas, from a QA-50 minibike as a young boy in the 70's, to a CM400T when I was in college, all the way to owning a GL1800 and then a ST1300 as an adult, 3+ years ago I purchased a Triumph Tiger 800XC. An awesome bike. But the very day after I bought it I rode it to the local Honda dealer, took a test ride on the 2013 CB1100, loved it, and immediately wished I had not bought the Triumph because I fell in love with the look and feel and sound and memories stirred up from the CB1100.

Three years later, after a good bit of advice from members of this forum, and searching for about 2 months, I found and bought an immaculate DLX at Fay Myers Motorcycles in Colorado. Just over 1,000 miles on it. LongRanger checked it out for me and sent some excellent photos. It was picked up this past Saturday and is slowly making it's way to me in NJ. Haulbikes is my shipping company. So far I am very impressed with their customer service. Feels like you wait a bit longer than with others to get your bike, but anywhere to anywhere in the 48 states is $450.

Below are a few photos from the day of pick up. One is taken by the dealer, 2 by a forum member in town that day on business. Bike expected to arrive approximately August 5-7.

I sold the Triumph to someone who lives in Georgia for the exact amount I am purchasing this bike for. Loved being able to tell my wife that! "Honey, this isn't costing me a dollar!" Buyer is also using Haulbikes and they plan to pick up that bike tomorrow.

Hey Bay Area Rick, next time, how about if I buy the Long Island bike and you buy the Colorado bike? I could have ridden that one home in about 2 hours! :)


[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/dwj1/media/IMG_0807_zps1xdebj1h.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/dwj1/media/IMG_0809_zpscxdmobst.jpg.html]
 
Congrats Bighonda14! The wait will definitely be worth it. Unfortunately, no photos are attached to your post. Looking forward to seeing them once you get that sorted out.
 
Man those deluxes are so good looking
 
BH14 - I would have seriously thought about riding it home from Colorado. Would have been a nice 3-4 day 1,250 mile trip. I can use the time off from work also. Best wishes with your new DLX!
 
Dang it. You just had to post pictures, didn't you. Man...

I'm this close | | to buying a local standard. I keep wondering if I should pass on it and try to find a DLX somewhere. It's going to cost me $3-4K more for the DLX, what with the higher prices that they bring, plus shipping, and I just can't justify a 50% premium at this point...

Oh well. This thread isn't about me. Congrats on the double sale Big, enjoy the new toy!
 
Beemer Guy - One DLX just sold on eBay for about ~$7,600, had about 4k on ODO as I recall and out of Florida. They are out there, and I believe several more will come up as it's been 2 years since many were purchased new and their owners have decided not to keep them. All my opinion...

(Of course, there was another on eBay ~3 weeks ago, that I believe was bidded-up in a frenzy to just over $10k as I recall)
 
Thread starter
Beemer Guy, additionally, there is still the outstanding DLX available in Ohio on CL. The owner is a new member of this forum. It would a very special example of this bike to purchase and own. Never hurts to make an offer, right?
 
Bighonda14_imp said:
Beemer Guy, additionally, there is still the outstanding DLX available in Ohio on CL. The owner is a new member of this forum. It would a very special example of this bike to purchase and own. Never hurts to make an offer, right?
Got an email/handle for me? I emailed him through CL but haven't heard back yet.
 
Blimey! That was quick. Congratulations! :celebrate:
 
Wow!...Shazam, too!... Warpspeed deal!... Good for both seller/buyer!...Some things are just meant to be!... Now, that's what we're talkien' about! & giddy-up!... now, go get that puppy!
 
what great stories I love it here...Those Deluxes do have such a great stance to them
 
Yes, it was quick. But these things don't seem to last long on the market, and a few hundred bucks here or there, in the grand scheme of things, is not a big deal.
 
Congrats, Beemer Guy!

2 words: Fly and Ride. Ok, thats 3 words :) Fun though.
 
Absolutely do a fly'nride ((1 word!!)).
My swairline one way tkt was a paltry $75, nonstop, booked 4 or 5 days before departure. Sw has $75 one way specials, last I saw. Best thing about it is you get to enjoy the bike and create your memories immediately after finalizing transaction. I took a week maybe I0 days bringing mine home. Best present I ever gave to myself.
 
Ohio to North Carolina? Piece of cake. One decent day of riding. Two if you want to stop and smell the roses along the way.
 
Back
Top