On a dirt road

gcarper_imp said:







Riding in the NC mountains around Hendersonville and my road becomes "dirt"!!
Nice safe riding!

Bummers on it turning to a dirt road...

Which windscreen is that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
 
Geesalou..thanks a lot for the "pavement ends" sign NCDOT
 
The horror!

When we were in NC last June my Garmin kept sending me down Nat'l Forrest roads. I'd get a couple miles in, and then there'd be a sign: "This road not suitable for passenger cars.". Why they couldn't just post "Jeep Trail" at the beginning is beyond me.
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
The horror!

When we were in NC last June my Garmin kept sending me down Nat'l Forrest roads. I'd get a couple miles in, and then there'd be a sign: "This road not suitable for passenger cars.". Why they couldn't just post "Jeep Trail" at the beginning is beyond me.
As a matter of fact this road went through the Dupont State Forest. Where the pavement ends and then begins are the limits of the forest. Another road we ride does the same north of Asheville NC. NC has great paved roads but as you noticed are lacking in posting dirt roads.
dBuster_imp said:
gcarper_imp said:







Riding in the NC mountains around Hendersonville and my road becomes "dirt"!!
Nice safe riding!

Bummers on it turning to a dirt road...

Which windscreen is that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Nice safe riding!

Bummers on it turning to a dirt road...

Which windscreen is that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Its wasn't bad just had to slow down a little---a lot! The shield is the national cycle Street Shield. Like it a lot.
 
gcarper_imp said:







Riding in the NC mountains around Hendersonville and my road becomes "dirt"!!
Pretty scenery except for the bumpy dirt road but you handled it well.

You said you like the windshield, just curious, was that the rattling sound we could hear? I'm considering buying one...
 
Thread starter
Blockhead_imp said:
gcarper_imp said:







Riding in the NC mountains around Hendersonville and my road becomes "dirt"!!
Pretty scenery except for the bumpy dirt road but you handled it well.

You said you like the windshield, just curious, was that the rattling sound we could hear? I'm considering buying one...
Pretty scenery except for the bumpy dirt road but you handled it well.

You said you like the windshield, just curious, was that the rattling sound we could hear? I'm considering buying one...
I don't know for sure what the rattling is, it's in most of my videos, it is not the windshield. May be the camera moving in it's case. Most of the time I mute the camera audio and add my own. The shield is very securely mounted, takes awhile to get it right but once you do it's good. I had originally mounted mine lower but went back and moved it an inch or 2 higher. Big difference. You have to use trial and error.
 
Thread starter
gcarper_imp said:
Blockhead_imp said:
gcarper_imp said:







Riding in the NC mountains around Hendersonville and my road becomes "dirt"!!
Pretty scenery except for the bumpy dirt road but you handled it well.

You said you like the windshield, just curious, was that the rattling sound we could hear? I'm considering buying one...
Pretty scenery except for the bumpy dirt road but you handled it well.

You said you like the windshield, just curious, was that the rattling sound we could hear? I'm considering buying one...
I don't know for sure what the rattling is, it's in most of my videos, it is not the windshield. May be the camera moving in it's case. Most of the time I mute the camera audio and add my own. The shield is very securely mounted, takes awhile to get it right but once you do it's good. I had originally mounted mine lower but went back and moved it an inch or 2 higher. Big difference. You have to use trial and error.
Pretty scenery except for the bumpy dirt road but you handled it well.

You said you like the windshield, just curious, was that the rattling sound we could hear? I'm considering buying one...
I don't know for sure what the rattling is, it's in most of my videos, it is not the windshield. May be the camera moving in it's case. Most of the time I mute the camera audio and add my own. The shield is very securely mounted, takes awhile to get it right but once you do it's good. I had originally mounted mine lower but went back and moved it an inch or 2 higher. Big difference. You have to use trial and error.
Go to the maintenance section and how to. there is a post on mounting the Street Shield. His is different than mine-he has the quick connect model, which I wish I'd bought,
 
Back
Top