Guaza14_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Here's a pic way back in the early 80’s of my first motorcycle which happens to be a Honda CB750. :worship:
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I couldn’t afford a car back then so I just skipped the whole first car thing and got this instead. Bought it used for around $400 from a friend who also taught me to ride. I had lots of fun and basically drove it everywhere. Night time driving in heavy rain…no problem. The bike ended up getting stolen but I kept the memories.The ferret_imp said:your FIRST bike was a CB 750. That is a lot of first bike!

Guaza14_imp said:Here's a pic way back in the early 80’s of my first motorcycle which happens to be a Honda CB750. :worship:

Man, that 95 was a LOOKER. Amazing how well that design has held up.cb100077_imp said:Attaching picture....
I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!The ferret_imp said:your FIRST bike was a CB 750. That is a lot of first bike!
I've never seen a '94-'95 CB1000 before, I don't think they brought them to Canada (correct me if I'm wrong?).cb100077_imp said:Attaching picture....
I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!ClassicVW_imp said:I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!The ferret_imp said:your FIRST bike was a CB 750. That is a lot of first bike!
I was drooling over the CB750 when the salesman came over and informed me it would be too much bike for a young beginner and he could not sell one to me. I did buy a CB360 and two years later moved up to the CB550F.
A number of people have bought the CB1100 as their first bike and opinion on the forum has been divided as to the wisdom of that decision. My view, for what it's worth, is that 1100 ccs is a lot of bike for a novice rider. You would not be allowed to ride such a large bike on the road in Australia for at least a couple of years after obtaining your first open licence. I think the same is true in much of Europe too.mattvoyle_imp said:I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!ClassicVW_imp said:I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!The ferret_imp said:your FIRST bike was a CB 750. That is a lot of first bike!
I was drooling over the CB750 when the salesman came over and informed me it would be too much bike for a young beginner and he could not sell one to me. I did buy a CB360 and two years later moved up to the CB550F.
I was drooling over the CB750 when the salesman came over and informed me it would be too much bike for a young beginner and he could not sell one to me. I did buy a CB360 and two years later moved up to the CB550F.
My first bike was the cb1100, which I very quickly learned to respect after getting just a little bit in over my head.
It would be awesome to see modern, smaller CBs exported to the states but I guess Honda thinks Americans wont buy anything smaller than a liter or something.
-
Very old school cool, Guaza!
A number of people have bought the CB1100 as their first bike and opinion on the forum has been divided as to the wisdom of that decision. My view, for what it's worth, is that 1100 ccs is a lot of bike for a novice rider. You would not be allowed to ride such a large bike on the road in Australia for at least a couple of years after obtaining your first open licence. I think the same is true in much of Europe too.Cormanus_imp said:A number of people have bought the CB1100 as their first bike and opinion on the forum has been divided as to the wisdom of that decision. My view, for what it's worth, is that 1100 ccs is a lot of bike for a novice rider. You would not be allowed to ride such a large bike on the road in Australia for at least a couple of years after obtaining your first open licence. I think the same is true in much of Europe too.mattvoyle_imp said:I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!ClassicVW_imp said:I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!The ferret_imp said:your FIRST bike was a CB 750. That is a lot of first bike!
I was drooling over the CB750 when the salesman came over and informed me it would be too much bike for a young beginner and he could not sell one to me. I did buy a CB360 and two years later moved up to the CB550F.
I was drooling over the CB750 when the salesman came over and informed me it would be too much bike for a young beginner and he could not sell one to me. I did buy a CB360 and two years later moved up to the CB550F.
My first bike was the cb1100, which I very quickly learned to respect after getting just a little bit in over my head.
It would be awesome to see modern, smaller CBs exported to the states but I guess Honda thinks Americans wont buy anything smaller than a liter or something.
-
Very old school cool, Guaza!
As to a smaller bike, I was going to tell you that Honda imports a lovely CB400 four cylinder bike to Australia and even give you a link so you could drool over it. But I went looking and it's no longer shown on Honda's Australian web site which means they've dropped it. They're still available in two models in Japan. We are getting the new CB600F tuned down to make it legal for learners. It's not nearly such a pretty bike as the CB400, but it's OK.
In Germany you must have a certain age, I think it's 25, to drive all kind of bikes immediately after getting your driving license. If you're younger, let's say 18, you start in the 48HP class and will grade up to the open ones after 2 years.Cormanus_imp said:A number of people have bought the CB1100 as their first bike and opinion on the forum has been divided as to the wisdom of that decision. My view, for what it's worth, is that 1100 ccs is a lot of bike for a novice rider. You would not be allowed to ride such a large bike on the road in Australia for at least a couple of years after obtaining your first open licence. I think the same is true in much of Europe too.mattvoyle_imp said:I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!ClassicVW_imp said:I've posted it before, but I was a skinny 20 yr old who walked into my Honda dealership looking to buy my first street bike. My experience was on a 1964 Sears Allstate Vespa copy that me and several friends rode, mostly in mall parking lots where the malls were closed on Sundays and also off road!The ferret_imp said:your FIRST bike was a CB 750. That is a lot of first bike!
I was drooling over the CB750 when the salesman came over and informed me it would be too much bike for a young beginner and he could not sell one to me. I did buy a CB360 and two years later moved up to the CB550F.
I was drooling over the CB750 when the salesman came over and informed me it would be too much bike for a young beginner and he could not sell one to me. I did buy a CB360 and two years later moved up to the CB550F.
My first bike was the cb1100, which I very quickly learned to respect after getting just a little bit in over my head.
It would be awesome to see modern, smaller CBs exported to the states but I guess Honda thinks Americans wont buy anything smaller than a liter or something.
-
Very old school cool, Guaza!
As to a smaller bike, I was going to tell you that Honda imports a lovely CB400 four cylinder bike to Australia and even give you a link so you could drool over it. But I went looking and it's no longer shown on Honda's Australian web site which means they've dropped it. They're still available in two models in Japan. We are getting the new CB600F tuned down to make it legal for learners. It's not nearly such a pretty bike as the CB400, but it's OK.