old Huey at work

use2b_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
watched this old Huey at work yesterday owned by the fire department picking water out of the bayou , good to see my old ride that took me to work
- here's looking at you
 
Were they practicing or was there a fire?
 
That's cool. Serious work horses aren't they?
 
Very cool, use2b! The Huey is the B-52 of the rotorcraft world. First flew in the mid 1950s, and will probably still be flying long after I'm gone.
 
First chopper I ever rode in. Face down, strapped to a litter with the doors open as the pilot banked it hard sideways. All I saw was earth!!

Still love the sound of them, still have a soft spot for them over the blackhawks I rode in later.

-Army Medic
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
First chopper I ever rode in. Face down, strapped to a litter with the doors open as the pilot banked it hard sideways. All I saw was earth!!

Still love the sound of them, still have a soft spot for them over the blackhawks I rode in later.

-Army Medic
Was hesitant to post this to begin with but knew many board members served with the old war bird . for the rest of the story , it was the only tool available to save countless homes just like it saved countless lives . Thanks to all for your service
I get excited when i see an old motorcycle or any old machine i once connected with . BTW - turn around time was under 4 minutes between dropping over 50+ loads of 300 gals of water saving all homes.
 
Nasty, nasty things forest fires. All those who fight them are, in their own way, heroes.
 
Back
Top