Old Bike I Wish I Still Had.

michael1954

Been there
Thread starter
42ab4d3adc2361cc784cb743701794f3.jpg


A bike I wish I still had. A 2003 Triumph Speedmaster. Went the way of back surgery in 2008.:(

7eba4bd7bd8de7233d0b1966b9c3113d.jpg
 
Can understand your wish. Of all the bikes I had, the one is the one I should have kept. It is something very rare and special. In the 70s I wasn't mature and old enough to see it that way and felt disturbed by its icing carburetor while riding in cold weather and its relative high 2 stroke fuel consumption.


Google Search

Wisedrum
 
Always had a soft spot for the Speedmaster. Never heard anything bad about them but then I’ve never seen a lot of them around. Kinda rare for a currently manufactured bike.
 
Without a doubt, the bike I regret selling the most. I was younger, didn't realize you could have more than one bike at a time.

1984 Nighthawk 650

 
Thread starter
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
Without a doubt, the bike I regret selling the most. I was younger, didn't realize you could have more than one bike at a time.

1984 Nighthawk 650
Hi, you know I was thinking the same thing. Why did we think one bike was all we needed. Maybe back then the logic of thinking I can only ride one bike at a time, but then I remember how hard it was to come up with more money when I was younger.
PS...Beautiful bike. I always wanted a Honda Four. Now I have two.:shy:
 
michael1954_imp said:
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
Without a doubt, the bike I regret selling the most. I was younger, didn't realize you could have more than one bike at a time.

1984 Nighthawk 650
Hi, you know I was thinking the same thing. Why did we think one bike was all we needed. Maybe back then the logic of thinking I can only ride one bike at a time, but then I remember how hard it was to come up with more money when I was younger.
PS...Beautiful bike. I always wanted a Honda Four. Now I have two.:shy:
That was likely also before Internet forums. Nowadays if you get enough like-minded individuals together on an Internet forum (or anywhere else for that matter) and in the context of the group-think that occurs people can be convinced of just about anything, including the need for multiple motorcycles and farkles galore, lol. I often feel a twinge of guilt over this seeing as I started this place. But if it didn't happen here, it would have eventually happened somewhere else for my fellow CB1100 owners. Plus things have worked out amazingly well for my buddy Mr. T of Samurider.com fame!

:biker: :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
michael1954_imp said:
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
Without a doubt, the bike I regret selling the most. I was younger, didn't realize you could have more than one bike at a time.

1984 Nighthawk 650
Hi, you know I was thinking the same thing. Why did we think one bike was all we needed. Maybe back then the logic of thinking I can only ride one bike at a time, but then I remember how hard it was to come up with more money when I was younger.
PS...Beautiful bike. I always wanted a Honda Four. Now I have two.:shy:
That was likely also before Internet forums. Nowadays if you get enough like-minded individuals together on an Internet forum (or anywhere else for that matter) and in the context of the group-think that occurs people can be convinced of just about anything, including the need for multiple motorcycles and farkles galore, lol. I often feel a twinge of guilt over this seeing as I started this place. But if it didn't happen here, it would have eventually happened somewhere else for my fellow CB1100 owners. Plus things have worked out amazingly well for my buddy Mr. T of Samurider.com fame!

:biker: :rofl:
That was likely also before Internet forums. Nowadays if you get enough like-minded individuals together on an Internet forum (or anywhere else for that matter) and in the context of the group-think that occurs people can be convinced of just about anything, including the need for multiple motorcycles and farkles galore, lol. I often feel a twinge of guilt over this seeing as I started this place. But if it didn't happen here, it would have eventually happened somewhere else for my fellow CB1100 owners. Plus things have worked out amazingly well for my buddy Mr. T of Samurider.com fame!

:biker: :rofl: Please do not feel guilty about any of us owning multiple bikes. I could not afford it in my youth and now that I can, so be it. I am still trying to find a 2014 Deluxe or Black CB1100 and a Vintage Honda 550 Four or CB 750 Four. Just not trying too hard right now because my 18 year-old granddaughter wants a bike to ride with me.
I am just super thrilled I was able to find both of my CB1100's in great shape (used) and with low mileage. So, thank You!
 
Guth, you are just about the most levelheaded, even-keeled, pragmatic, left-brain individual on the planet. You have zero reason to feel guilt. You created a beautiful place peopled by some of the most sensible, law-abiding sorts in all of motorcycledom.

Zero regrets from you.
 
Understood guys. I did say "twinge" of guilt, so it's not like I'm beating myself over other people's habits to spend money while other the influence of others, lol. (Please don't ask me how I'm familiar with this behavior.)

But I appreciate the sentiments just the same. :cool:
 
Back
Top