Okay, mickey, you're wearing me down!

Your local Honda dealer sounds like a bust to me. How far would you have to travel to get to another Honda dealer, one that might actually let you test ride a bike?
 
Thread starter
L.A., maybe.

I was going to buy that '14 Standard without a test drive, simply because of the price.
 
There have been lots of reports here about heavily discounted black ones.
 
Thread starter
Checking Cycle Trader, brand-new black '14s are listed anywhere from $6-8K throughout the U.S., with Wisconsin being the cheapest at just under $6K.
 
The price of hesitation VLJ.

I bought a blue 2011 a few years ago and it moved on, without a second thought bought a white one to replace it.

All the best with your search.

As a side line a second hand 2010 with 24 000 km on the clock will cost you AUS $8800.

regards

PS. Just checked bikesales.com.au and the price has dropped to AUS $ 8400.
 
VLJ - I don't know where you are in California but there is a 2014 Deluxe for sale on Cycletrader in Burbank. It is $8500 with less than 500 miles. You could get your test ride on it, I imagine.
 
VLJ_imp said:
Checking Cycle Trader, brand-new black '14s are listed anywhere from $6-8K throughout the U.S., with Wisconsin being the cheapest at just under $6K.
Hay don't be afraid to come Wisconsin , we are having a heat wave
but cheese and beer are cold:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
postoak, I'm in northern California, east of Sacramento, and I've been following that $8,500 '14 Deluxe for a while now. Surprised it hasn't sold.

CA200, California's DMV won't let California residents register out-of-state cars or motorcycles until they have 7,500 miles, which basically eliminates the ability to purchase new vehicles in other states if we want to register them here. I did buy a used VFR800 from a dealer in Wisconsin and ship it here, but that one had more than 7,500 miles so it was no problem.
 
Lets see, fly to Wisconsin, buy new CB, head east to coast, go up and visit Nova Scotia and see Bay of Fundy, head south taking in White Mts, Kancamagus Highway, Mt Washington auto road, head south down to the Keys taking in the BRP and Dragon along the way, then head north and visit the Barber MC Museum, then head west go down and ride the 3 sisters in Texas, head north and take in Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon, Arches Natl Park, head further north and hit Pikes Peak, Lolo Pass, Grand Tetons , Beartooth Hwy, and Yellowstone, keep going north and take in Going to the Sun Rd up at Glacier, head west and see Crater Lake and Whibdey Island, head south along the coast to home and Bingo 7500 miles and legal to get a California lic plate lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lets see, fly to Wisconsin, buy new CB, head east to coast, go up and visit Nova Scotia and see Bay of Fundy, head south taking in White Mts, Kancamagus Highway, Mt Washington auto road, head south down to the Keys taking in the BRP and Dragon along the way, then head north and visit the Barber MC Museum, then head west go down and ride the 3 sisters in Texas, head north and take in Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon, Arches Natl Park, head further north and hit Pikes Peak, Lolo Pass, Grand Tetons , Beartooth Hwy, and Yellowstone, keep going north and take in Going to the Sun Rd up at Glacier, head west and see Crater Lake and Whibdey Island, head south along the coast to home and Bingo 7500 miles and legal to get a California lic plate lol
What a wonderful ride that would be.
 
Thread starter
popgun, since most motorcycle manufacturers produce California-specific-emissions vehicles with those hideous charcoal canisters, hoses, and AIS crap, it's effectively the same thing: can't get a 49-state bike to pass the smog test here, so we can't register a 49-state bike here until it has 7,500 miles.

I haven't looked into the 2014 CB1100 to determine whether Honda produced them as a 50-state model, as I believe BMW tends to do now, but in all the years I sold motorcycles it was pretty much a ground-in-stone reality that any Japanese bike had to have 7,500 miles before we could register it here.
mickey Wrote:Lets see, fly to Wisconsin, buy new CB, head east to coast, go up and visit Nova Scotia and see Bay of Fundy, head south taking in White Mts, Kancamagus, Highway, Mt Washington auto road, head south down to the Keys taking in the BRP and Dragon along the way, then head north and visit the Barber MC Museum, then head west go down and ride the 3 sisters in Texas, head north and take in Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce Canyon, Arches Natl Park, head further north and hit Pikes Peak, Lolo Pass, Grand Tetons , Beartooth Hwy, and Yellowstone, keep going north and take Going to the Sun Rd up at Glacier, head west and see Crater Lake and Whibdey Island, head south along the coast to home and Bingo 7500 miles and legal to get a California lic plate lol
Only ones I've hit so far.

I would dearly love to take that entire trip. I would also dearly love to have the time off from work and the $$ to take that trip!
 
I'll take your word for it VLJ, after all, I don't live in CA.

Our bikes are 50 state models though. And have canisters (in the US at least). I'll look again in the manual tonight and verify the '14s, but we have don't that a few times on the board.

Someone can look at the sticker on their bike too, if they would.
 
Thread starter
If they're all 50-state-spec now, that kinda sucks for those other 49 states, since it means they dumbed down your bikes to match ours. It used to be that California bikes often had milder cams and slightly less fuel capacity, in addition to having the other smog crap. So, more weight, less power, leaner fueling, lower fuel capacity.

Meh.
 
Yep, the U.S. CB's are all 50-state bikes. There's nothing dumbed-down about them, unless you want to consider the speed limiter, but that was done for heat management, not for regs.

Ferret, your routing sounds incredible, but I suggest it'd be a bit too late in the season to hit some of those NW roads now (weather).
 
Is there a possible career in putting 7500 miles on Japanese bikes so they can be registered in California? because I would be so down for that...
 
I will say yes. My 2014 DLX has a 50-state sticker on it, so I will assume the 2014 standards are 50-state too. I believe this was corroborated on a previous thread.
 
Hesitation.
From the Australian bikesales web site.

2010 Honda CB1100F
1140cc, 4 stroke
4 cl, 1140cc, 4-stroke, Air cooled, 4-Valve, DOHC, Inline 4-cyl
23800 Kms
$8,400*
sold
Private : Used
VIC
 
Back
Top