Oil Pressure Sending Unit Tap

Ralph_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Searched the forum but couldn't find the location of a oil pressure tap on my 2013 Honda CB1100.

Does anybody know where it is:huh: There is a hex bolt on the opposite side of the take off for the oil cooler. Does any one know if this can be used and what size/thread it is?

Winter, time for a few mods:P

ralph
 
Thread starter
kmoney_imp said:
If you want a pressure gauge I think your best bet would be to replace the sender for the idiot light with an actual functioning gauge. Or figuring out a way to get a dual headed sender that can run both.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8d7ef870022e4ccd3242/crankcase

It's part #7 in this diagram. Without looking at the bike, I think it's on the side of the engine case, in behind the rear brake lever.
Thanks, kmoney:thumbsup: That's just what I needed. I found these:


Wanted to mount it at the top between the tack and speedo. Guess I'm and old fart but I still don't like knowing what the oil pressure is:thumbsup: Thanks for the help.

ralph
 
Thread starter
kmoney_imp said:
If you want a pressure gauge I think your best bet would be to replace the sender for the idiot light with an actual functioning gauge. Or figuring out a way to get a dual headed sender that can run both.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8d7ef870022e4ccd3242/crankcase

It's part #7 in this diagram. Without looking at the bike, I think it's on the side of the engine case, in behind the rear brake lever.
Ok, had time to find it:D It's on the back side of the engine toward the rear just over the transmission in the rear oil gallery like so:



Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

ralph
 
Thread starter
Ralph_imp said:
kmoney_imp said:
If you want a pressure gauge I think your best bet would be to replace the sender for the idiot light with an actual functioning gauge. Or figuring out a way to get a dual headed sender that can run both.

http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/511a8d7ef870022e4ccd3242/crankcase

It's part #7 in this diagram. Without looking at the bike, I think it's on the side of the engine case, in behind the rear brake lever.
Ok, had time to find it:D It's on the back side of the engine toward the rear just over the transmission in the rear oil gallery like so:



Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

ralph
Ok, had time to find it:D It's on the back side of the engine toward the rear just over the transmission in the rear oil gallery like so:



Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

ralph
OK, crud, that's not it. Disregard that photo.:-/
 
I think the wire on the bottom leads to the oil sender.

 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
I think the wire on the bottom leads to the oil sender.
Thanks Randy, I think that's what kmoney was saying also:thumbsup: Boy that's gonna be hard to get to. I'm thinking I'm gonna drill out the oil gallery plug at the oil cooler and place an oil sending fitting there.

ralph
 
I was thinking there might be an aux oil pressure hole (like there is on my CB750), but it doesn't look like it. If you've got the service manual, there's a nice pic of the EOP switch on page 4-5. It's under a rubber cap.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
I was thinking there might be an aux oil pressure hole (like there is on my CB750), but it doesn't look like it. If you've got the service manual, there's a nice pic of the EOP switch on page 4-5. It's under a rubber cap.
Yah, there is an oil gallery plug in front by the oil cooler line behind the headers. I found a brass 5/6" X 1/8 npt fitting. I'm going to take the plug out and drill the center of it to 5/16" and tap the factory plug to install the sending unit.

I will have to paint it flat black to hide it and run the wiring through some vinyl conduit up to the headlight and tap into the running lights, but I think it's doable. There's enough room in the gage cluster to pop rivet a gage mounting to the back of the gage cluster. I had installed one on my CB750 back in the day between the two original gages and I miss it:P

ralph
 
Back
Top