Oil leak! Help me!

Thread starter
I'm sorry! I used "Google Translate" to post the comments!
To understand the entire contents of which you guide me is very difficult!
However, I will try to find out and ask my friends!

cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:

1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
steed_boy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???

it doesn't smell right to me
I bought it from a dealer in Vietnam in October 2013.

cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:

1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
steed_boy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???

it doesn't smell right to me
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1411

Vietnam is also a very passionate large motorcycles, motorcycle clubs established large cylinder from people with the same passion. Many motorcycle manufacturers of large well-known such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, Ducati, Triumph, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki ... also available in Vietnam.

In Vietnam there are many curves, cornering by terrain hilly, rugged mountains and many places of great scenic beauty. Members of motorcycle clubs often organize field trips during the holidays.

Some pictures of our trip:

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5626-Chinh-phục-tứ-đại-đỉnh-đèo-của-núi-rừng-Tây-Bắc

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...g-Sơn-Vĩ-Mậu-Duệ-Du-Già-khép-lại-1-cung-đường

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2301

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2233

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2246

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7400-Xuyên-Đông-Dương-với-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...hanoi-dự-đại-hội-moto-thainguyen-lần-thứ-nhất

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7373-Kỳ-nghỉ-mát-2013-của-gia-đình-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...-tô-Hà-Nội-trên-đường-Hồ-Chí-Minh-huyền-thoại

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7098-Trải-nghiệm-cung-đường-Hà-Nội-Viên-Chăn-(Lào)

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7018-Lễ-diễu-hành-kỷ-niệm-50-năm-ngày-thành-lập-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/333-Các-thành-viên-MTHN-và-những-chuyến-đi/page11

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7315-Sơn-La-những-nẻo-đường-biên-ải

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5...-Nhì-Phình-Hồ-luyện-tay-lái-và-thần-kinh-thép

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12578-2...yên-Việt-của-anh-em-Hà-nội-Đà-Nẵng-Quảng-Ngãi

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12048-N...am-dự-lễ-ra-mắt-clb-moto-thái-nguyên-30-06-13

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/8391-Tổng-hợp-Hot-Summer-2012

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7128-Ảnh-khai-xuân-của-AE-Pkl-VN_-Hà-Nội-_-Lạng-Sơn-ngày-26-2-2012

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/11216-Ảnh-AE-nhà-NAKED-và-A-E-đi-dự-ĐẠI-HỘI-MOTO-ĐN

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/3018-Hành-trình-xuyên-Việt-của-một-Biker-Sài-Gòn

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/10593-Tổng-hợp-Cao-Bằng-Ba-Bể-Bắc-Kạn-2013

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7645-Hà...-cai-sapa-yên-bái-cung-đường-tình-yêu-tây-bắc

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/96895-Góc-ảnh-xe-đẹp

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/476049-DUCATI-CLUB-XUYÊN-VIỆT-amp-TÂY-BẮC

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/388456-DUCATI-CLUB-Giới-Thiệu-Xe-PKL-Của-Hội

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/421925-DUCATI-CLUB-TOUR-ĐÀ-NẴNG-18-04-2013

....
I purchased the moto vehicle from the United States.
In Vietnam we often use unit km / h.
Thank you for the compliment!
You intend to Vietnam in February 2014, right? You come to Vietnam to travel or work?
Prior to Hanoi, please send PM to me for planning meetings.
Very pleased to welcome you in Vietnam.

@all: Because language skills are limited to a few questions I do not understand the problem clearly first!
But I will try to look up and follow all of the your instructions!
THANKS ALL!
I am Vietnamese American and have trouble understanding your posting except your bike has oil leak. You bought the bike NEW in Hanoi from an authorize Honda dealer? Then, you should have one year warranty or even one year international warranty. You need to read your Honda booklet come with the bike when you bought it. Normally, your Honda dealer must fix everything if your bike have some defect in first year. Honda itself pays your dealer to fix the problem ... that is, how it works in USA or Europe. The dealer will test ride the bike prior to deliver it to buyer.

You can also write to Honda headquarter in VN, or call Honda Japan headquarter to complain your problem with your regional Honda dealer where you bought the bike from and give them the copy of your "bill of sale" ( the chu quey ) as a proof.

Culturally, in VN, they can give you problem of follow up with responsibility such as your case.

---
Come to worse, you can always have independent mechanics to fix your bike if all options are exhausted with your Honda dealer, these mechanics are astounding they can fix anything

---

I assume your bike cost you $20000 US dollars in VN, with average income of less than $5000 a year, it is like someone in USA buy a $200,000 dollars motorcycle!
I am shocked to see big bike in VN ... Honda VN shows only bike of 125cc or less, someone says in Saigon, it is illegal to ride bike larger than 125cc. Seeing is believing.

I like to ride my bike in VN, Thailand and Laos some days.
kenfyoozed_imp said:
Since this is a new bike, and i have read some post of these bikes coming overfilled from the factory/dealer.....could this be the issue?
YES. Drain all the engine oil, put back one gallon of oil (3.78 liters) to see if the oil still leak.
I feel very interesting to see Vietnamese Americans here! Can you speak Vietnammese?


Honda Vietnam does not warrant the large motorcycle originating outside the territory of Vietnam, and my bike was imported from the United States through one company not genuine! Repairing the damage will have to pay!

In Vietnam, there are many repair centers not genuine but they do very well! I do not want to bring my motorcycle repair, as there is agreement on the responsibility to provide motorcycle dealer for me. So, first I want to consult with the people who have experience in the field of large displacement motorcycles.

The price of the motorcycle: Vietnam has its own trade regime! We will pay a lot of money for owning a motorcycle, car or other items ... not be produced domestically. It is a responsibility, and we accept.

We can handle all types of motorcycles, automobiles if you have passed the examination! Of course to adhere to traffic laws!

My friends sometimes ride motorcycles pass as much water Indochina Laos, Cambodia, Thailand! That is one very interesting tours! Will be very pleased if I met you in Vietnam!


cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
now I understand, you bought the bike from USA? AND you are the original owner of the bike, that is, the bike never been owned by anyone else?

as someone suggested, you want to drain the oil and put in 3.78 liters of oil. Clean the engine to remove all trace of oil, put it on center stand and run until hot. vary the speed of the engine from 1000 to 5000 RPM on the tach while the bike is in NEUTRAL to prevent back wheel spin.

if there is no oil leak, put the bike into 3rd gear (so ba) and run it again for 5 minutes to see if there is oil leak.

----

at worse, take it to mechanics who work on Honda engine.
I've never done these things! I will follow your instructions!

cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:

1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
steed_boy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???

it doesn't smell right to me
I bought it from a dealer in Vietnam in October 2013.

cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:

1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
steed_boy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???

it doesn't smell right to me
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1411

Vietnam is also a very passionate large motorcycles, motorcycle clubs established large cylinder from people with the same passion. Many motorcycle manufacturers of large well-known such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, Ducati, Triumph, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki ... also available in Vietnam.

In Vietnam there are many curves, cornering by terrain hilly, rugged mountains and many places of great scenic beauty. Members of motorcycle clubs often organize field trips during the holidays.

Some pictures of our trip:

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5626-Chinh-phục-tứ-đại-đỉnh-đèo-của-núi-rừng-Tây-Bắc

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...g-Sơn-Vĩ-Mậu-Duệ-Du-Già-khép-lại-1-cung-đường

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2301

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2233

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2246

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7400-Xuyên-Đông-Dương-với-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...hanoi-dự-đại-hội-moto-thainguyen-lần-thứ-nhất

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7373-Kỳ-nghỉ-mát-2013-của-gia-đình-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...-tô-Hà-Nội-trên-đường-Hồ-Chí-Minh-huyền-thoại

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7098-Trải-nghiệm-cung-đường-Hà-Nội-Viên-Chăn-(Lào)

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7018-Lễ-diễu-hành-kỷ-niệm-50-năm-ngày-thành-lập-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/333-Các-thành-viên-MTHN-và-những-chuyến-đi/page11

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7315-Sơn-La-những-nẻo-đường-biên-ải

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5...-Nhì-Phình-Hồ-luyện-tay-lái-và-thần-kinh-thép

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12578-2...yên-Việt-của-anh-em-Hà-nội-Đà-Nẵng-Quảng-Ngãi

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12048-N...am-dự-lễ-ra-mắt-clb-moto-thái-nguyên-30-06-13

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/8391-Tổng-hợp-Hot-Summer-2012

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7128-Ảnh-khai-xuân-của-AE-Pkl-VN_-Hà-Nội-_-Lạng-Sơn-ngày-26-2-2012

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/11216-Ảnh-AE-nhà-NAKED-và-A-E-đi-dự-ĐẠI-HỘI-MOTO-ĐN

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/3018-Hành-trình-xuyên-Việt-của-một-Biker-Sài-Gòn

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/10593-Tổng-hợp-Cao-Bằng-Ba-Bể-Bắc-Kạn-2013

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7645-Hà...-cai-sapa-yên-bái-cung-đường-tình-yêu-tây-bắc

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/96895-Góc-ảnh-xe-đẹp

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/476049-DUCATI-CLUB-XUYÊN-VIỆT-amp-TÂY-BẮC

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/388456-DUCATI-CLUB-Giới-Thiệu-Xe-PKL-Của-Hội

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/421925-DUCATI-CLUB-TOUR-ĐÀ-NẴNG-18-04-2013

....
I purchased the moto vehicle from the United States.
In Vietnam we often use unit km / h.
Thank you for the compliment!
You intend to Vietnam in February 2014, right? You come to Vietnam to travel or work?
Prior to Hanoi, please send PM to me for planning meetings.
Very pleased to welcome you in Vietnam.

@all: Because language skills are limited to a few questions I do not understand the problem clearly first!
But I will try to look up and follow all of the your instructions!
THANKS ALL!
your bike looks new with 1KM on speedometer, however, the exhausts (ong khoi) looks yellow as if it is ridden before, how come? My bike doesn't develop yellowish patinas on the front 4 exhausts until a 1500 KM later after some high speed riding.

--

what is average speed of motorcycle in VN?

In USA, we talk around 80 MPH (140 km/h) on main freeway, city speed varies between 30 - 50 MPH.
In Vietnam, we talk around 43 MPH (70 km/h) on main freeway, city speed varies between 20-25 MPH.

cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:

1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
steed_boy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???

it doesn't smell right to me
I bought it from a dealer in Vietnam in October 2013.

cbdtran_imp said:
steed_boy_imp said:
kenfyoozed_imp said:
I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
No warranty! :(
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:

1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
steed_boy_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage! :(
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???

it doesn't smell right to me
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1411

Vietnam is also a very passionate large motorcycles, motorcycle clubs established large cylinder from people with the same passion. Many motorcycle manufacturers of large well-known such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, Ducati, Triumph, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki ... also available in Vietnam.

In Vietnam there are many curves, cornering by terrain hilly, rugged mountains and many places of great scenic beauty. Members of motorcycle clubs often organize field trips during the holidays.

Some pictures of our trip:

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5626-Chinh-phục-tứ-đại-đỉnh-đèo-của-núi-rừng-Tây-Bắc

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...g-Sơn-Vĩ-Mậu-Duệ-Du-Già-khép-lại-1-cung-đường

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2301

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2233

http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2246

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7400-Xuyên-Đông-Dương-với-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...hanoi-dự-đại-hội-moto-thainguyen-lần-thứ-nhất

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7373-Kỳ-nghỉ-mát-2013-của-gia-đình-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...-tô-Hà-Nội-trên-đường-Hồ-Chí-Minh-huyền-thoại

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7098-Trải-nghiệm-cung-đường-Hà-Nội-Viên-Chăn-(Lào)

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7018-Lễ-diễu-hành-kỷ-niệm-50-năm-ngày-thành-lập-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/333-Các-thành-viên-MTHN-và-những-chuyến-đi/page11

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7315-Sơn-La-những-nẻo-đường-biên-ải

http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5...-Nhì-Phình-Hồ-luyện-tay-lái-và-thần-kinh-thép

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12578-2...yên-Việt-của-anh-em-Hà-nội-Đà-Nẵng-Quảng-Ngãi

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12048-N...am-dự-lễ-ra-mắt-clb-moto-thái-nguyên-30-06-13

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/8391-Tổng-hợp-Hot-Summer-2012

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7128-Ảnh-khai-xuân-của-AE-Pkl-VN_-Hà-Nội-_-Lạng-Sơn-ngày-26-2-2012

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/11216-Ảnh-AE-nhà-NAKED-và-A-E-đi-dự-ĐẠI-HỘI-MOTO-ĐN

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/3018-Hành-trình-xuyên-Việt-của-một-Biker-Sài-Gòn

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/10593-Tổng-hợp-Cao-Bằng-Ba-Bể-Bắc-Kạn-2013

http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7645-Hà...-cai-sapa-yên-bái-cung-đường-tình-yêu-tây-bắc

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/96895-Góc-ảnh-xe-đẹp

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/476049-DUCATI-CLUB-XUYÊN-VIỆT-amp-TÂY-BẮC

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/388456-DUCATI-CLUB-Giới-Thiệu-Xe-PKL-Của-Hội

http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/421925-DUCATI-CLUB-TOUR-ĐÀ-NẴNG-18-04-2013

....
I purchased the moto vehicle from the United States.
In Vietnam we often use unit km / h.
Thank you for the compliment!
You intend to Vietnam in February 2014, right? You come to Vietnam to travel or work?
Prior to Hanoi, please send PM to me for planning meetings.
Very pleased to welcome you in Vietnam.

@all: Because language skills are limited to a few questions I do not understand the problem clearly first!
But I will try to look up and follow all of the your instructions!
THANKS ALL!
your bike looks new with 1KM on speedometer, however, the exhausts (ong khoi) looks yellow as if it is ridden before, how come? My bike doesn't develop yellowish patinas on the front 4 exhausts until a 1500 KM later after some high speed riding.

--

what is average speed of motorcycle in VN?

In USA, we talk around 80 MPH (140 km/h) on main freeway, city speed varies between 30 - 50 MPH.
cbfan_imp said:
The exhaust pipes look "yellow" because that is what happens when you run it for any length on a stand without air flow across the engine. I believe the manuals says not to idle long. As small as the residue/leaks look they will not show up by running it on a stand.
I also have this question for motorcycle dealers offer, they explain:
- My bike has been through long periods on display in the exhibition. Sometimes, customers ask to hear the engine sound coming from the engine! Of course, they sell this bike for me at a cheaper price.
- These motorcycles are imported into Vietnam must undergo emission testing stage (registration, inspection)! Conditions of the test, it must operate in such conditions are on the road. Of course not spin 2 wheels!


PS: My friend's motorcycle, was like my motorcycle! Although his new motorcycle than my motorcycles very much! The only difference, his motorcycle is not like my motorcycle in the first condition (CYLINDER HEAD).
And I found this very strange, no one explained!! There can not be a coincidence like that!!!
I hope this problem will be lost in time and later stages cleaned with detergent!!



[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11061673153/]IMG_3068 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11061511045/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11061511045/]IMG_3069 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

@ cbdtran: You can send a PM with Vietnamese for me?
 

yes I speak fluently Vietnamese but I don't write VN because I don't have the proper editor to write except on paper.

I send you a private message

I mentioned that many mechanics in VN is outstanding because I had them doing some works for me, they did stuffs that amazed me when I was young like balancing a spoked wheel hopelessly out of line that make the wheel unusable. Some people from US mentioned the same thing when they visited and traveled by motorcycle.

IN VN people have bad habit breaking in their bikes by let it run by itself (idle speed) all night long, and it causes the engine to be overheated and shorten its life. Start the engine, let it warm up for a min or so then ride gently in the first 1000 km (under 4000 RPM)
 
Thread starter
Dear friends!
First, I would like to thank all your comments! I have to follow the instructions of some people here!

Because of the language barrier, so I would like to report a summary of the image:

Oil leak in CYLINDER HEAD COVER: It is the fault of the manufacturer. I had to remove the CYLINDER HEAD COVER and glue into the head cover gasket:


[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170181013/]Fix (1) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170022556/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170022556/]Fix (2) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170045584/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170045584/]Fix (3) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

Results: It's very dry. No oil leakage phenomenon any more:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170173613/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170173613/]IMG_01 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170036704/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170036704/]IMG_01b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
Oil leak in Crankcase:

This phenomenon is not leaking oil.
I have followed the instructions of Lola:

lola_imp said:
lola_imp said:
cbfan_imp said:
Clean all the areas where oil residue is showing, clean it good. Check torque on all hardware close to the areas. Ride it in your normal fashion, check for leakage after every ride (try and catch it when it first leaks to see point of origin).............the rate at which it leaks will determine what kind of action you should take.
Good luck.
this is a good suggestion. But instead of Riding it I would advice not to.

Clean the engine with degreaser in all areas where there are signs of leaking then when everything on the engine is dry Start the engine and let it idle. Most likely you will see where the leaks are coming from. If you need help with any torque values or diagrams send me a message and I will email you whatever information you need.

goodluck
Results: It's very dry.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170162903/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170162903/]IMG_02 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169961765/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169961765/]IMG_02b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170020294/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170020294/]IMG_03 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169957495/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169957495/]IMG_03b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170015134/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170015134/]IMG_04 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169952935/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169952935/]IMG_04b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170010664/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170010664/]IMG_05 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169948515/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169948515/]IMG_05b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11173676065/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11173676065/]2013-12-01 (IP4S) (40) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
Whoa...sounds like somebody nailed it ;)

Glad you got it figured out and fixed!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?

I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.

Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
Whoa...sounds like somebody nailed it ;)

Glad you got it figured out and fixed!
Whoa...sounds like somebody nailed it ;)

Glad you got it figured out and fixed!
Thank you so much!
After reading your comments, I find peace of mind, and thought it would be a very small error, easy fix.
 
steed_boy_imp said:
Dear friends!
First, I would like to thank all your comments! I have to follow the instructions of some people here!

Because of the language barrier, so I would like to report a summary of the image:

Oil leak in CYLINDER HEAD COVER: It is the fault of the manufacturer. I had to remove the CYLINDER HEAD COVER and glue into the head cover gasket:


[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170181013/]Fix (1) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170022556/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170022556/]Fix (2) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170045584/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170045584/]Fix (3) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

Results: It's very dry. No oil leakage phenomenon any more:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170173613/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170173613/]IMG_01 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170036704/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170036704/]IMG_01b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
Oil leak in Crankcase:

This phenomenon is not leaking oil.
I have followed the instructions of Lola:

lola_imp said:
lola_imp said:
cbfan_imp said:
Clean all the areas where oil residue is showing, clean it good. Check torque on all hardware close to the areas. Ride it in your normal fashion, check for leakage after every ride (try and catch it when it first leaks to see point of origin).............the rate at which it leaks will determine what kind of action you should take.
Good luck.
this is a good suggestion. But instead of Riding it I would advice not to.

Clean the engine with degreaser in all areas where there are signs of leaking then when everything on the engine is dry Start the engine and let it idle. Most likely you will see where the leaks are coming from. If you need help with any torque values or diagrams send me a message and I will email you whatever information you need.

goodluck
Results: It's very dry.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170162903/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170162903/]IMG_02 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169961765/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169961765/]IMG_02b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170020294/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170020294/]IMG_03 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169957495/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169957495/]IMG_03b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170015134/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170015134/]IMG_04 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169952935/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169952935/]IMG_04b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170010664/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11170010664/]IMG_05 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169948515/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11169948515/]IMG_05b by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11173676065/]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/96952994@N04/11173676065/]2013-12-01 (IP4S) (40) by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/96952994@N04/]steed_boy, on Flickr

you did have it fixed - they even let you to clean the bike in the shop! make sure to use air blowers to remove water from engine's fins

so now we know where the weak spots are
 
Sorry, I am dumb - please help me out: What was the problem?
Oil leakage on the cylinder head cover because of damaged seal and/or glue? :huh: (my poor language knowledge)
 
fascinating thread!...from last set of pictures...picture #1 & language translation appears to be that the leak was from VALVE COVER GASKET...as the picture definitely shows the valve covers are lifted and the head gasket(s) are not being disturbed...again...really glad that even through language differences...this problem got solved...reminds me of the question: "can't we all just get along"???...answer: sometimes & in this instance...very much YES!
 
ingobohn_imp said:
Sorry, I am dumb - please help me out: What was the problem?
Oil leakage on the cylinder head cover because of damaged seal and/or glue? :huh: (my poor language knowledge)
the owner said leak comes from "cylinder head" he means leak in between the top (white) part of the camshaft cover and the lower one, where there is a 2.5mm rubber gasket in between. the mechanic put come type of sealant on the rubber gasket (he calls glue) to seal off the leak.

he also mentions one of his friend has the same problem, but it go away by itself in his PM to me

So - his leak location is pretty vague, might come from the round cover itself where you can see some silicon glue, or the black rubber gasket
 
Wonder if re-torqueing valve cover would have taken care of the problem? Strange things have been known to happen.
 
cbdtran_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
Sorry, I am dumb - please help me out: What was the problem?
Oil leakage on the cylinder head cover because of damaged seal and/or glue? :huh: (my poor language knowledge)
the owner said leak comes from "cylinder head" he means leak in between the top (white) part of the camshaft cover and the lower one, where there is a 2.5mm rubber gasket in between. the mechanic put come type of sealant on the rubber gasket (he calls glue) to seal off the leak.

he also mentions one of his friend has the same problem, but it go away by itself in his PM to me

So - his leak location is pretty vague, might come from the round cover itself where you can see some silicon glue, or the black rubber gasket
Thanks for your help!
:thumbsup:
 
Back in 1979 and thru the 80s when the dohc Honda 4s came out, they had the exact same set up we have now, in that the valve cover was one big piece ( kinda of looked like an H) and there was a large rubber gasket that went in little groove around the whole cylinder head between the head and the cyl head cover. It was imperative that the gasket be clean and that ( going by memory here) that a light layer of silicone be put in the groove on the cylinder head before installing the gasket to hold the gasket in alignment and prevent a leak. The slightest twist or misalignment of the gasket, or a thin spot in the silicone would allow a small leak there under pressure. As these gaskets got older, they stretched from the heat and became increasingly difficult to keep in the groove, and at this point the rubber gasket was usually replaced with a new one.
 
Thread starter
I'm sorry!
This is a technical problem! Therefore, there are a few specialized terms that I can not translate or description (I had to use pictures to description).

It seems, following is the correct answer!

cbdtran_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
Sorry, I am dumb - please help me out: What was the problem?
Oil leakage on the cylinder head cover because of damaged seal and/or glue? :huh: (my poor language knowledge)
the owner said leak comes from "cylinder head" he means leak in between the top (white) part of the camshaft cover and the lower one, where there is a 2.5mm rubber gasket in between. the mechanic put come type of sealant on the rubber gasket (he calls glue) to seal off the leak.

he also mentions one of his friend has the same problem, but it go away by itself in his PM to me

So - his leak location is pretty vague, might come from the round cover itself where you can see some silicon glue, or the black rubber gasket
the owner said leak comes from "cylinder head" he means leak in between the top (white) part of the camshaft cover and the lower one, where there is a 2.5mm rubber gasket in between. the mechanic put come type of sealant on the rubber gasket (he calls glue) to seal off the leak.

he also mentions one of his friend has the same problem, but it go away by itself in his PM to me

So - his leak location is pretty vague, might come from the round cover itself where you can see some silicon glue, or the black rubber gasket

@cbdtran: Can you translate from Vietnamese into English?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Back in 1979 and thru the 80s when the dohc Honda 4s came out, they had the exact same set up we have now, in that the valve cover was one big piece ( kinda of looked like an H) and there was a large rubber gasket that went in little groove around the whole cylinder head between the head and the cyl head cover. It was imperative that the gasket be clean and that ( going by memory here) that a light layer of silicone be put in the groove on the cylinder head before installing the gasket to hold the gasket in alignment and prevent a leak. The slightest twist or misalignment of the gasket, or a thin spot in the silicone would allow a small leak there under pressure. As these gaskets got older, they stretched from the heat and became increasingly difficult to keep in the groove, and at this point the rubber gasket was usually replaced with a new one.
For what it's worth, rubber actually shrinks when heated !
 
Why me???

Looks like I have a similar oil leak on my CB. I took it to the dealer last week to show the leak. The bike has 7100 miles, and the leak has been getting steadily worse over the past 1500 miles. Of course the bike is due for valve inspection/adjustment at 8k. After the holidays, I intend to take the bike in and have the oil leak fixed under warranty. I'm expecting the warranty work will cover the labor to fix the leak, and hopefully reduce the amount of labor charge required for the valve check.

I'm beginning to wonder if the valve cover was removed when they were diagnosing my engine noise ( http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=361) and ended up replacing the cam chain tensioner.
 
My old CX cam covers had rubber gaskets. Finger tight at first and then a touch up when the motor was hot. It always worked.
 
Back
Top