steed_boy_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?

This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?

This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I also think like you!_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
Did you smell something first like oil.Maybe it's coming from the
oil intake or outtake on the oil cooler.
I will follow your instructions!cbfan_imp said:Clean all the areas where oil residue is showing, clean it good. Check torque on all hardware close to the areas. Ride it in your normal fashion, check for leakage after every ride (try and catch it when it first leaks to see point of origin).............the rate at which it leaks will determine what kind of action you should take.
Good luck.
this is a good suggestion. But instead of Riding it I would advice not to.cbfan_imp said:Clean all the areas where oil residue is showing, clean it good. Check torque on all hardware close to the areas. Ride it in your normal fashion, check for leakage after every ride (try and catch it when it first leaks to see point of origin).............the rate at which it leaks will determine what kind of action you should take.
Good luck.
No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!

This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
this is a good suggestion. But instead of Riding it I would advice not to.lola_imp said:this is a good suggestion. But instead of Riding it I would advice not to.cbfan_imp said:Clean all the areas where oil residue is showing, clean it good. Check torque on all hardware close to the areas. Ride it in your normal fashion, check for leakage after every ride (try and catch it when it first leaks to see point of origin).............the rate at which it leaks will determine what kind of action you should take.
Good luck.
Clean the engine with degreaser in all areas where there are signs of leaking then when everything on the engine is dry Start the engine and let it idle. Most likely you will see where the leaks are coming from. If you need help with any torque values or diagrams send me a message and I will email you whatever information you need.
goodluck
I bought it from a dealer in Vietnam in October 2013.cbdtran_imp said:No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:
1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???
it doesn't smell right to me
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1411cbdtran_imp said:No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:
1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???
it doesn't smell right to me
I am Vietnamese American and have trouble understanding your posting except your bike has oil leak. You bought the bike NEW in Hanoi from an authorize Honda dealer? Then, you should have one year warranty or even one year international warranty. You need to read your Honda booklet come with the bike when you bought it. Normally, your Honda dealer must fix everything if your bike have some defect in first year. Honda itself pays your dealer to fix the problem ... that is, how it works in USA or Europe. The dealer will test ride the bike prior to deliver it to buyer.steed_boy_imp said:I bought it from a dealer in Vietnam in October 2013.cbdtran_imp said:No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:
1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???
it doesn't smell right to me
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1411cbdtran_imp said:No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:
1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???
it doesn't smell right to me
Vietnam is also a very passionate large motorcycles, motorcycle clubs established large cylinder from people with the same passion. Many motorcycle manufacturers of large well-known such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, Ducati, Triumph, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki ... also available in Vietnam.
In Vietnam there are many curves, cornering by terrain hilly, rugged mountains and many places of great scenic beauty. Members of motorcycle clubs often organize field trips during the holidays.
Some pictures of our trip:
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5626-Chinh-phục-tứ-đại-đỉnh-đèo-của-núi-rừng-Tây-Bắc
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...g-Sơn-Vĩ-Mậu-Duệ-Du-Già-khép-lại-1-cung-đường
http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2301
http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2233
http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2246
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7400-Xuyên-Đông-Dương-với-mô-tô-Hà-Nội
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...hanoi-dự-đại-hội-moto-thainguyen-lần-thứ-nhất
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7373-Kỳ-nghỉ-mát-2013-của-gia-đình-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...-tô-Hà-Nội-trên-đường-Hồ-Chí-Minh-huyền-thoại
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7098-Trải-nghiệm-cung-đường-Hà-Nội-Viên-Chăn-(Lào)
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7018-Lễ-diễu-hành-kỷ-niệm-50-năm-ngày-thành-lập-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/333-Các-thành-viên-MTHN-và-những-chuyến-đi/page11
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7315-Sơn-La-những-nẻo-đường-biên-ải
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5...-Nhì-Phình-Hồ-luyện-tay-lái-và-thần-kinh-thép
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12578-2...yên-Việt-của-anh-em-Hà-nội-Đà-Nẵng-Quảng-Ngãi
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12048-N...am-dự-lễ-ra-mắt-clb-moto-thái-nguyên-30-06-13
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/8391-Tổng-hợp-Hot-Summer-2012
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7128-Ảnh-khai-xuân-của-AE-Pkl-VN_-Hà-Nội-_-Lạng-Sơn-ngày-26-2-2012
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/11216-Ảnh-AE-nhà-NAKED-và-A-E-đi-dự-ĐẠI-HỘI-MOTO-ĐN
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/3018-Hành-trình-xuyên-Việt-của-một-Biker-Sài-Gòn
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/10593-Tổng-hợp-Cao-Bằng-Ba-Bể-Bắc-Kạn-2013
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7645-Hà...-cai-sapa-yên-bái-cung-đường-tình-yêu-tây-bắc
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/96895-Góc-ảnh-xe-đẹp
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/476049-DUCATI-CLUB-XUYÊN-VIỆT-amp-TÂY-BẮC
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/388456-DUCATI-CLUB-Giới-Thiệu-Xe-PKL-Của-Hội
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/421925-DUCATI-CLUB-TOUR-ĐÀ-NẴNG-18-04-2013
....
I purchased the moto vehicle from the United States.
In Vietnam we often use unit km / h.
Thank you for the compliment!
You intend to Vietnam in February 2014, right? You come to Vietnam to travel or work?
Prior to Hanoi, please send PM to me for planning meetings.
Very pleased to welcome you in Vietnam.
@all: Because language skills are limited to a few questions I do not understand the problem clearly first!
But I will try to look up and follow all of the your instructions!
THANKS ALL!
YES. Drain all the engine oil, put back one gallon of oil (3.78 liters) to see if the oil still leak.kenfyoozed_imp said:Since this is a new bike, and i have read some post of these bikes coming overfilled from the factory/dealer.....could this be the issue?
No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!

your bike looks new with 1KM on speedometer, however, the exhausts (ong khoi) looks yellow as if it is ridden before, how come? My bike doesn't develop yellowish patinas on the front 4 exhausts until a 1500 KM later after some high speed riding.steed_boy_imp said:I bought it from a dealer in Vietnam in October 2013.cbdtran_imp said:No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:
1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???
it doesn't smell right to me
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1411cbdtran_imp said:No warranty!steed_boy_imp said:No warranty!kenfyoozed_imp said:I would take it back to the dealer. It is under warranty correct?
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
This motorcycle is not used in the U.S.!
in order for you to get proper help, tell us:
1) Where and when did you buy the CB1100?
This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!steed_boy_imp said:This motorcycle has just been activated using! I was the only one that uses the cb1100!The ferret_imp said:Hmmm oil seepage in weird places..not at head gasket, not at base gasket. Looks like some at the valve cover gasket, but rest of seepage looks like it's coming out of pkaces where there are no natural gaps, unless the wind is messing with it. Were the valve clearances checked recently?
I do agree, warranty. Return to dealer.
Are you sure one of your friends isn't messing with you?
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
I informed the dealer in Vietnam! They told me to fix that damage!![]()
in Vietnam, one one can buy a motorcycle larger than 125cc???
it doesn't smell right to me
Vietnam is also a very passionate large motorcycles, motorcycle clubs established large cylinder from people with the same passion. Many motorcycle manufacturers of large well-known such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, Ducati, Triumph, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki ... also available in Vietnam.
In Vietnam there are many curves, cornering by terrain hilly, rugged mountains and many places of great scenic beauty. Members of motorcycle clubs often organize field trips during the holidays.
Some pictures of our trip:
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5626-Chinh-phục-tứ-đại-đỉnh-đèo-của-núi-rừng-Tây-Bắc
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...g-Sơn-Vĩ-Mậu-Duệ-Du-Già-khép-lại-1-cung-đường
http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2301
http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2233
http://www.hoghanoi.com/showthread.php?t=2246
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7400-Xuyên-Đông-Dương-với-mô-tô-Hà-Nội
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...hanoi-dự-đại-hội-moto-thainguyen-lần-thứ-nhất
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7373-Kỳ-nghỉ-mát-2013-của-gia-đình-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7...-tô-Hà-Nội-trên-đường-Hồ-Chí-Minh-huyền-thoại
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7098-Trải-nghiệm-cung-đường-Hà-Nội-Viên-Chăn-(Lào)
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7018-Lễ-diễu-hành-kỷ-niệm-50-năm-ngày-thành-lập-CLB-mô-tô-Hà-Nội
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/333-Các-thành-viên-MTHN-và-những-chuyến-đi/page11
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/7315-Sơn-La-những-nẻo-đường-biên-ải
http://motohanoi.vn/forum/threads/5...-Nhì-Phình-Hồ-luyện-tay-lái-và-thần-kinh-thép
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12578-2...yên-Việt-của-anh-em-Hà-nội-Đà-Nẵng-Quảng-Ngãi
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/12048-N...am-dự-lễ-ra-mắt-clb-moto-thái-nguyên-30-06-13
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/8391-Tổng-hợp-Hot-Summer-2012
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7128-Ảnh-khai-xuân-của-AE-Pkl-VN_-Hà-Nội-_-Lạng-Sơn-ngày-26-2-2012
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/11216-Ảnh-AE-nhà-NAKED-và-A-E-đi-dự-ĐẠI-HỘI-MOTO-ĐN
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/3018-Hành-trình-xuyên-Việt-của-một-Biker-Sài-Gòn
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/10593-Tổng-hợp-Cao-Bằng-Ba-Bể-Bắc-Kạn-2013
http://pkl.vn/forum/threads/7645-Hà...-cai-sapa-yên-bái-cung-đường-tình-yêu-tây-bắc
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/96895-Góc-ảnh-xe-đẹp
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/476049-DUCATI-CLUB-XUYÊN-VIỆT-amp-TÂY-BẮC
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/388456-DUCATI-CLUB-Giới-Thiệu-Xe-PKL-Của-Hội
http://www.bikervietnam.com/bfrm/showthread.php/421925-DUCATI-CLUB-TOUR-ĐÀ-NẴNG-18-04-2013
....
I purchased the moto vehicle from the United States.
In Vietnam we often use unit km / h.
Thank you for the compliment!
You intend to Vietnam in February 2014, right? You come to Vietnam to travel or work?
Prior to Hanoi, please send PM to me for planning meetings.
Very pleased to welcome you in Vietnam.
@all: Because language skills are limited to a few questions I do not understand the problem clearly first!
But I will try to look up and follow all of the your instructions!
THANKS ALL!