mvk24, I think I’ve deleted the Bosch 3300 filter as requested. Could you please confirm.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Confirmed, thank you Cormanus.Cormanus_imp said:mvk24, I think I’ve deleted the Bosch 3300 filter as requested. Could you please confirm.
I agree for the most part as long as it spins on and creates a seal I don't think much can go wrong. I know there are some differences in quality such as the filter materials used, what the bypass valve is made of, and bypass valve PSI but I couldn't tell you which is better or worse.Houtman_imp said:The only question I have is when people say " I /they had no problem using "X' oil filter . what kind of problem are they waiting for : oil on the rear wheel , engine seizing up , excessive engine wear ??? I only ever use Honda OEM oil filters , cheap enough if you buy multiples at one time.
Yea I dont think there's anything wrong with that. Its a to each their own kinda thing.Houtman_imp said:I use the Mobil 1 oils but when it comes to oil filters I think that Honda is very careful as they are responsible for problems when THEIR name is on the oil filters and are than responsible for any safety/ wear issues .
Isn't it like that with most everything?mvk24_imp said:Yea I dont think there's anything wrong with that. Its a to each their own kinda thing.Houtman_imp said:I use the Mobil 1 oils but when it comes to oil filters I think that Honda is very careful as they are responsible for problems when THEIR name is on the oil filters and are than responsible for any safety/ wear issues .
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
It's a slippery slope . . .GoldOxide_imp said:I am impressed how little discussion there has been so far in regards to oil in this thread.
Good job team!
It's a slippery slope . . .Nachodaddy_imp said:It's a slippery slope . . .GoldOxide_imp said:I am impressed how little discussion there has been so far in regards to oil in this thread.
Good job team!
:rofl::rofl: ... and use an impact gun with M17 socket to tightenGone in 60_imp said:I don't know if you guys have seen these, but K&N puts a little nut on the end of their oil filters that makes them very easy to wrench on and off.
I just ordered a case of them.
As mentioned above those are horrible. I cab literally name 4 friends that have a had those nuts strip/twist and had a nightmare shoving screw drivers through the filters to get them off.Gone in 60_imp said:I don't know if you guys have seen these, but K&N puts a little nut on the end of their oil filters that makes them very easy to wrench on and off.
I just ordered a case of them.
Like Monty Python’s Brian, you, Mr Gone, are a very naughty boy.Gone in 60_imp said:I don't know if you guys have seen these, but K&N puts a little nut on the end of their oil filters that makes them very easy to wrench on and off.
I just ordered a case of them.
Just one little nut, eh?Gone in 60_imp said:I don't know if you guys have seen these, but K&N puts a little nut on the end of their oil filters that makes them very easy to wrench on and off.
I just ordered a case of them.
Like Monty Python’s Brian, you, Mr Gone, are a very naughty boy.Cormanus_imp said:Like Monty Python’s Brian, you, Mr Gone, are a very naughty boy.Gone in 60_imp said:I don't know if you guys have seen these, but K&N puts a little nut on the end of their oil filters that makes them very easy to wrench on and off.
I just ordered a case of them.

As mentioned above those are horrible. I cab literally name 4 friends that have a had those nuts strip/twist and had a nightmare shoving screw drivers through the filters to get them off.mvk24_imp said:As mentioned above those are horrible. I cab literally name 4 friends that have a had those nuts strip/twist and had a nightmare shoving screw drivers through the filters to get them off.Gone in 60_imp said:I don't know if you guys have seen these, but K&N puts a little nut on the end of their oil filters that makes them very easy to wrench on and off.
I just ordered a case of them.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
As mentioned above those are horrible. I can literally name 4 friends that have a had those nuts strip/twist and had a nightmare shoving screw drivers through the filters to get them off.Tev62_imp said:As mentioned above those are horrible. I cab literally name 4 friends that have a had those nuts strip/twist and had a nightmare shoving screw drivers through the filters to get them off.mvk24_imp said:As mentioned above those are horrible. I cab literally name 4 friends that have a had those nuts strip/twist and had a nightmare shoving screw drivers through the filters to get them off.Gone in 60_imp said:I don't know if you guys have seen these, but K&N puts a little nut on the end of their oil filters that makes them very easy to wrench on and off.
I just ordered a case of them.
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Then those four friends are to blame, regardless of whether there is a nut on top of the filter, they should of known there is no need to use a tool to overtighten an oil filter. If they didn't know that one wonders what else they might of ballsed up on their bike. You might suspect this is the same crowd who over-tighten the chain to and wonder why the output shaft bearing failed.
If they had bothered to read the K&N packaging it is touted as a "wrench-off" design, nothing to do with fitting it.