oil filter - alternative

ecka00_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I did a search and only found one post so I'd like a second opinion....

Anyone using the bosch 3300 oil filter?
 
I just use the Honda filter, but read this for more info: Oil Filter Cross Reference

Click on the filter surgery link and look at the bottom of the page for the Bosch 3300 filter.
 
Moved thread from How To to Mechanical and Technical
 
Purolator Pure One user here. They work fine I guess, get high marks at that calsci site, and they're reasonable cost. (It's been pointed out that the color doesn't match well though.)
 
Yeah, I'm not getting involved in oil or filter arguments. I just posted it in case someone wanted to see what they looked like inside. I do find that to be interesting.
 
xNE0x_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I just use the Honda filter, but read this for more info: Oil Filter Cross Reference

Click on the filter surgery link and look at the bottom of the page for the Bosch 3300 filter.
I am not sure I would go by this website nor it's information. Most of it seems pretty skewed to me.
I am not sure I would go by this website nor it's information. Most of it seems pretty skewed to me. Yeah. He's pretty opinionated. But he at least tore each filter down to analyze them.
 
Thread starter
I appreciate all the input however, still looking for someone that has used the bosch 3300...trusted name and readily available basically everywhere. -A
 
Well be the first and let us know how it works out! :)
 
Just buy an extra oil filter, and cut it open. That is the best honest review, and one you can trust. (Unless you don't trust yourself of course)
 
It seems the Bosch is made by Champion Labs. Consensus on Bob is the Oil Guy is that they are a good premium filter. Join and search on the above sight if you want to know more than you ever would about oil and filters.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well be the first and let us know how it works out! :)
xNE0x_imp said:
Just buy an extra oil filter, and cut it open. That is the best honest review, and one you can trust. (Unless you don't trust yourself of course)
And Blocky said:

Blockhead_imp said:
Honda oil and Honda filter...seems like a simple concept to me :D
Come on mate, don't spoil the fun. :)

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well be the first and let us know how it works out! :)
xNE0x_imp said:
Just buy an extra oil filter, and cut it open. That is the best honest review, and one you can trust. (Unless you don't trust yourself of course)
And Blocky said:

Blockhead_imp said:
Honda oil and Honda filter...seems like a simple concept to me :D
Come on mate, don't spoil the fun. :)

Cheers
xNE0x_imp said:
Just buy an extra oil filter, and cut it open. That is the best honest review, and one you can trust. (Unless you don't trust yourself of course)
And Blocky said:

Blockhead_imp said:
Honda oil and Honda filter...seems like a simple concept to me :D
Come on mate, don't spoil the fun. :)

Cheers
Haha you're right! I need to stop being such a party pooper...
 
Blockhead_imp said:
Honda oil and Honda filter...seems like a simple concept to me :D
Yeah, I'm with you there.

I don't believe Purolator oil filters are as bad as some say they are; but since some say they're the kiss of death, worse than sand in the crankcase...they don't have to be very good to be better than that.

Trouble is, there are too many operators out there these days, buying and selling the names of once-great products made by once-great technology corporations. Fram and Purolator are just two examples.

Since it's not possible to take each filter apart; and since the composition can change with a change in suppliers (last batch ordered from Korea; this next one from China) you can't know WHAT is in there.

Honda parts are overpriced. But with them you get some reasonable assurance of compliance with specification; plus some legal recourse if there's a failure due to an ineffective or disintigrating filter.
 
Back
Top