2017EX_imp
Been there
Thread starter
I am in the process of ordering on of the awesome retro "knurl" oil filler caps listed in the members products section from Greg. In reading the responses in that thread, I noticed some members expressing concern about being able to unscrew it without the "ear" to grasp, because of arthritic hands and fingers. I came across an aluminum cap by Motosculpt on EBay for about $16 shipped, that has grab ears, safety wire holes, and a 6mm allen key receiver hole in the center. So, this cap can be removed with fingers, or allen key. It is available in several anodized colors, including black, red, blue, and gold, with a new O ring included. Motosculpt caps are also listed on Amazon, but I could not find the same part number as listed on Ebay for our CB1100s there. At the moment my hands/fingers are fine, but if I had arthritis problems as some others do, this cap would be my second choice to Gregs awesome cap. As a side note, I keep a 3.5" square of old inner tube rubber in my tool box. It supplies a flexible grip with the right friction to grab things like Gregs cap if necessary, and plastic press on/pull off bolt covers. It is not thick enough to use with pliers to prevent plier marks, and is just for use with the hands. https://www.ebay.com/itm/MotoSculpt...ac2d:g:jLcAAOxyhS9Tfswd&vxp=mtr#vi-ilComp