OIL COOLER PAINT BLISTERING

aussie59_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
HI GUYS ,
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE POSTED ON THE FORUM.
LOVE READING ALL THE GOSS ON THIS GREAT BIKE
ONLY CONCERN I HAVE WITH MY 2010 CB (OWNED SINCE NEW)
WITH STAINTUNE MUFFLER ,IS PAINT ON OIL COOLER IS WRINKLING
AS IF IT HAS BEEN PAINTED IN CRINKLE PAINT (OVERHEATING) OR
POOR PAINT QUALITY,WOULD BE INTERESTED IF ANY OTHER OWNERS HAVE HAD THIS CONCERN.
AFTER READING ALL THE POSTS ,YOU GUYS SOUND LIKE THE TYPE
ENTHUSIASTS I WOULD LOVE TO RIDE WITH , PITY YA LIVE SO FAR AWAY.
CHEERS
WAYNE FROM OZ:thanks:
 
Aussie, Please turn off the caps lock before Cormanus comes over to visit you.

Cormanus and Pterodactyl are in Aus. and some more members too. Depending on where you live maybe you can get together.

My paint is ok on the cooler. Can you post some pictures? That would help with a diagnosis.
 
G'day Aussie59. Where in Australia are you?
 
Ok, this has nothing to do with this thread. But I've been meaning to ask if one of you could help out an unknowing American. Why do you guys say you're from OZ? When I think of OZ... I think of a little movie called... The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you've heard of it. Is there any relation?
 
Thread starter
ride4now_imp said:
Ok, this has nothing to do with this thread. But I've been meaning to ask if one of you could help out an unknowing American. Why do you guys say you're from OZ? When I think of OZ... I think of a little movie called... The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you've heard of it. Is there any relation?
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
 
I would say that my bike is somewhat neglected with regards to cleaning. have just had a look and no issues at the oil cooler on my 2011.

Regards
 
I really don't see how the oil could get hot enough to mess up the paint. If it gets too hot the oil temp light would come on. Keep riding and I would think more engine damage would occur, like blown head gasket, or warped head or both. I wonder if maybe brake fluid or some such was spilled on it. That's why I asked for pics.
 
Hi aussie59. No problem on my oil cooler and here in South Florida it gets pretty hot.
When I was just a young un I visited Wollongong as my Uncle and family lived there. Beautiful place and wish I could get back to visit as an adult as I only remember a little bit of it. I seem to recall some bad brush fires up on the hills, maybe it was around 1984.
 
aussie59_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Ok, this has nothing to do with this thread. But I've been meaning to ask if one of you could help out an unknowing American. Why do you guys say you're from OZ? When I think of OZ... I think of a little movie called... The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you've heard of it. Is there any relation?
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
Much like locals to Nawlins. (New Orleans)
 
aussie59_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Ok, this has nothing to do with this thread. But I've been meaning to ask if one of you could help out an unknowing American. Why do you guys say you're from OZ? When I think of OZ... I think of a little movie called... The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you've heard of it. Is there any relation?
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
Lived in exmouth for 3 years, NWC from 1989 to 1992. Best place in the world, except for roos, those were always a danger.
 
Patrick_imp said:
aussie59_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Ok, this has nothing to do with this thread. But I've been meaning to ask if one of you could help out an unknowing American. Why do you guys say you're from OZ? When I think of OZ... I think of a little movie called... The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you've heard of it. Is there any relation?
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
Lived in exmouth for 3 years, NWC from 1989 to 1992. Best place in the world, except for roos, those were always a danger.
Sounds like they are the equivalent to Deer here in the US.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I really don't see how the oil could get hot enough to mess up the paint. If it gets too hot the oil temp light would come on. Keep riding and I would think more engine damage would occur, like blown head gasket, or warped head or both. I wonder if maybe brake fluid or some such was spilled on it. That's why I asked for pics.
Brake fluid. That was my first thought too. Maybe some stray header cleaning acid could also be the culprit.

Cheers.
 
veech_imp said:
Patrick_imp said:
aussie59_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
Ok, this has nothing to do with this thread. But I've been meaning to ask if one of you could help out an unknowing American. Why do you guys say you're from OZ? When I think of OZ... I think of a little movie called... The Wizard of Oz. Perhaps you've heard of it. Is there any relation?
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
Yeah here in Australia or how we say it [STRAYA] we talk kinda funny.
were known as aussies{ozzies} slang kind of stuff
ozzie ,ozzie ,ozzie, oih,oih,oih.
remember follow that yellow brick road and you will end up at the greatest place on earth the LAND OF OZ {OZSTRAYA}
CHEERS
from the land downunder
Lived in exmouth for 3 years, NWC from 1989 to 1992. Best place in the world, except for roos, those were always a danger.
Sounds like they are the equivalent to Deer here in the US.
Sounds like they are the equivalent to Deer here in the US.
They surely are.
 
Back
Top