Oil change...

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
So today I got off of my sorry buttocks and FINALLY did the oil changes that I was intending to do the weekend when I was hit.....almost three years ago.....on both my bike and my truck.
Since I have actually gone back to work I felt the time had come to stop procrastinating and get to it. I hadn't been driving them when I was no0t working so I felt there was no reason to waste the oil changes at that time. Fortunately I still had all of the stuff required to do the job that I had purchased years ago and all went fine.
The funny thing is the bike takes about 4¼ qts where my truck takes 4½ quarts. I just found that odd with the size difference of the engines and all.

So now I'm at a fresh starting point with my vehicles and hopefully they will keep serving me well for miles and years to come.
 
That's good news, Randy. Glad to hear you're back at work.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
That's good news, Randy. Glad to hear you're back at work.
Thanks man.
 
It's been a bad haul for you. Look forward to some ride reports.
 
Randy B_imp said:
So today I got off of my sorry buttocks and FINALLY did the oil changes that I was intending to do the weekend when I was hit.....almost three years ago.....on both my bike and my truck.
Since I have actually gone back to work I felt the time had come to stop procrastinating and get to it. I hadn't been driving them when I was no0t working so I felt there was no reason to waste the oil changes at that time. Fortunately I still had all of the stuff required to do the job that I had purchased years ago and all went fine.
The funny thing is the bike takes about 4¼ qts where my truck takes 4½ quarts. I just found that odd with the size difference of the engines and all.

So now I'm at a fresh starting point with my vehicles and hopefully they will keep serving me well for miles and years to come.
Congrats on getting back to normal!

The bike would probably require less oil if it didn't also supply the transmission. My air cooled 360 CI airplane engine takes 8 quarts. Gets a little pricey at $6 a quart.
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
One of my cars takes 13 quarts.
I.E. a diesel truck I'm guessing.
 
I got 13,400 miles on a PR3 rear and 15,600 miles on the PR3 front. I'm pretty happy with that.
 
Thread starter
jimgl3_imp said:
yeah, colorblindness setting in along with everything else I guess. how bout that tire though? lol!
It was all commuting. I was doing 115 miles a day with 95% of it on the slab.
jimgl3_imp said:
I'm curious where you found a '13 with a black tank... Also, how did you get 14,000 miles out of a rear tire?
The bike was red when I bought it. I got the tank and the faring from Samurider in Japan.
 
Back
Top