Gone in 60
Road warrior
Thread starter
Sunday I rode Super Bird to the boss' house in the morning to do some final work on some of the fleet bikes and drop off supplies before Mrs. G and I head to Greece for two weeks, then run some errands before coming home. Enroute from company HQ to Costco, I saw her call come up on my brandy-new CarPlay screen. But, not wearing a helmet with internal comms, I couldn't answer. She called again immediately, which is my signal to pull over and call back, it's important.
Her boss is an avid rider, and we've always said "Hey, we should go riding someday!". Being in the medical industry I think he keeps his riding on the down-low to avoid commentary about the dangers of motorcycles. I got a taste of that when we were at a social gathering for her company, and the "So, are you in the medical field too?" questions came. I answered that I ride for medical deliveries. Eyes rolled and I was admonished about the dangers, and she was chastised for letting me engage in such a hazardous occupation. We both just quietly absorbed the commentary. Many of her colleagues, and Mrs. G herself treat people who are dealing with long-term recovery from motorcycle accidents. So, the correlation to the hazards are more direct than a casual observer who might just think "Motorcycle = Dangerous".
I pulled over and called Mrs. G to see what was up. Her boss had just been in a motorcycle crash, and had called her from the ambulance to let her know. He wasn't clear on his injuries yet or how long he might be out of action, but wanted to fill her in so she could plan for the things their team might need to do in his absence. Mrs. wanted to know where I was, and if I was close enough to possibly help with the disposition of his bike and gear at the scene of the accident. I wasn't near the area, and it was quickly determined that his family was able to help.
He ended up breaking his hand, and it looks like his recovery will be fairly short and straight-forward. As Mrs. and I are getting ready to leave for vacation, leaving later today, she's been on a flurry of calls to get her team ready for her departure, and short-term absence of her boss. I've been overhearing most of the calls. As she's talking, I'm hearing long pauses, and her replying "Yes, my husband rides a motorcycle for work..." followed by longer pauses.
Hopefully whatever flurry of commentary will result will have blown over by the time we return from our trip, but I know she's absorbing some "Are you sure you want your husband doing this?" right now.
Her boss is an avid rider, and we've always said "Hey, we should go riding someday!". Being in the medical industry I think he keeps his riding on the down-low to avoid commentary about the dangers of motorcycles. I got a taste of that when we were at a social gathering for her company, and the "So, are you in the medical field too?" questions came. I answered that I ride for medical deliveries. Eyes rolled and I was admonished about the dangers, and she was chastised for letting me engage in such a hazardous occupation. We both just quietly absorbed the commentary. Many of her colleagues, and Mrs. G herself treat people who are dealing with long-term recovery from motorcycle accidents. So, the correlation to the hazards are more direct than a casual observer who might just think "Motorcycle = Dangerous".
I pulled over and called Mrs. G to see what was up. Her boss had just been in a motorcycle crash, and had called her from the ambulance to let her know. He wasn't clear on his injuries yet or how long he might be out of action, but wanted to fill her in so she could plan for the things their team might need to do in his absence. Mrs. wanted to know where I was, and if I was close enough to possibly help with the disposition of his bike and gear at the scene of the accident. I wasn't near the area, and it was quickly determined that his family was able to help.
He ended up breaking his hand, and it looks like his recovery will be fairly short and straight-forward. As Mrs. and I are getting ready to leave for vacation, leaving later today, she's been on a flurry of calls to get her team ready for her departure, and short-term absence of her boss. I've been overhearing most of the calls. As she's talking, I'm hearing long pauses, and her replying "Yes, my husband rides a motorcycle for work..." followed by longer pauses.
Hopefully whatever flurry of commentary will result will have blown over by the time we return from our trip, but I know she's absorbing some "Are you sure you want your husband doing this?" right now.

