Oh baby! I hope this comes here and fast...

Wow, that's really something! Instant 1970's MV nostalgia. I don't mind liquid-cooled bikes, but to me, that 800cc-triple just doesn't fit the cool retro vibe of the bike. But I agree, I hope to see the bike introduced on these shores.

At a minimum, let's hope Metzeler makes a tire fitment for our CB's:

Stunning wire wheels by JoNich Wheels come in 2.50-18-inch front and 4.00-18-inch rear rim sizes and are shod with the latest 110-80/18 and 160/60-18 Racetec RRK1 high-performance radials that Metzeler has created to respond to the growing demand of old-timer enthusiasts.
 
That is so MV looking. Just missing the giant sandcast looking cases lol
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Wow, that's really something! Instant 1970's MV nostalgia. I don't mind liquid-cooled bikes, but to me, that 800cc-triple just doesn't fit the cool retro vibe of the bike. But I agree, I hope to see the bike introduced on these shores.

At a minimum, let's hope Metzeler makes a tire fitment for our CB's:

Stunning wire wheels by JoNich Wheels come in 2.50-18-inch front and 4.00-18-inch rear rim sizes and are shod with the latest 110-80/18 and 160/60-18 Racetec RRK1 high-performance radials that Metzeler has created to respond to the growing demand of old-timer enthusiasts.
They do, don’t they? Roadtec™ Z8 Interact tires | Metzeler

Django had them on his CB1100. Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact
 
Yes, the Roadtec Z8 sport-touring tire. I tried them on my F800GT and wasn't impressed. I was referring instead to the new "Racetec RRK1" fitted on the MV. I get encouraged when I hear about new tire models offered in 18" sizes.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Wow, that's really something! Instant 1970's MV nostalgia. I don't mind liquid-cooled bikes, but to me, that 800cc-triple just doesn't fit the cool retro vibe of the bike. But I agree, I hope to see the bike introduced on these shores.

At a minimum, let's hope Metzeler makes a tire fitment for our CB's:

Stunning wire wheels by JoNich Wheels come in 2.50-18-inch front and 4.00-18-inch rear rim sizes and are shod with the latest 110-80/18 and 160/60-18 Racetec RRK1 high-performance radials that Metzeler has created to respond to the growing demand of old-timer enthusiasts.
They do, don’t they? Roadtec™ Z8 Interact tires | Metzeler

Django had them on his CB1100. Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact
They do, don’t they? Roadtec™ Z8 Interact tires | Metzeler
Django had them on his CB1100. Metzeler Roadtec Z8 Interact
You caused me my head scratching....in front I now have 110 Dunlop due to Michelin N/A, (PR3/160 in rear), but when front is gone by the end of 2019 , I may use Metzler if Michelin PR3-4 is N/A in 18"

...and bigsheep, thanks for this info, there is always space for the 2-d bike in my garage :)
 
MV...i dont want see the look from the front with this cooler.....bcos i guess.....well i dont know...

-------------------------------------
for our CB1100 EX

rear : 140/70zr18 Z8 roadtec
front : 110/80zr18 Z8 roadtec

for our streets here and my drivestyle : absolutely no complaints

:thumbsup:....:biker:
 
LongRanger, looks like the Racetec tyres come in the same sizes as the PR3s many of us run, Racetec™ RR tyres | Metzeler

It means being prepared to run a 160/60 on the rear. I’m on my 3rd set of PR3s with that size on the rear.
 
It is. Particularly as the PR3 disappears periodically. The Pirelli Angel GT also fits although, again, one has to have a 160/60 rear.
 
I'm not in love with the looks of that bike. The engine looks really out of place, like an industrial water pump. And the low-hanging sump is just asking to kiss a speed bump. The point of making it a Magni (or a Bimota or any special) would be to make it better than a Brutale, and I don't see the extra $25k.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
I'm not in love with the looks of that bike. The engine looks really out of place, like an industrial water pump. And the low-hanging sump is just asking to kiss a speed bump. The point of making it a Magni (or a Bimota or any special) would be to make it better than a Brutale, and I don't see the extra $25k.
That's a scary thought. While the engine does look out of place with everything else, I appreciate the fact that the design actually embraces it — no pseudo cooling fins, etc..

As far as CB tire options go, I'd be more open to installing a 160 on the back end than a 120 on the front end.
 
That's exactly how I feel about the sound of the new FZ-10 from Yamaha. Normally I'm not an aural guy. Could care very little about replacing the exhausts on my bikes cause for the most part the noise just annoys me, but riding an FZ-10 between 4 & 8 grand makes my eyes roll back in my head if you know what I mean.

 
Back
Top