Officially a Member of the CB1100 Club

Just do NOT use acetone or ANYTHING like that. Either the GooGone or WD will work.

If you use WD, let it soak for a while. Will take a couple tries before the glue all comes off, or at least mine did. Then polish and you are done. I've never used Googone, so can't help with that.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Just do NOT use acetone or ANYTHING like that. Either the GooGone or WD will work.

If you use WD, let it soak for a while. Will take a couple tries before the glue all comes off, or at least mine did. Then polish and you are done. I've never used Googone, so can't help with that.
It is a staple around our house, for both my wife and I, since she turned me on to it.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Just do NOT use acetone or ANYTHING like that. Either the GooGone or WD will work.

If you use WD, let it soak for a while. Will take a couple tries before the glue all comes off, or at least mine did. Then polish and you are done. I've never used Googone, so can't help with that.
It is a staple around our house, for both my wife and I, since she turned me on to it.
It is a staple around our house, for both my wife and I, since she turned me on to it.
I'll have to get some and give it try. But not the lighter fluid smelling kind I guess:P
 
Congratulations, linuxology. Welcome aboard.
 
I'm clearly in the minority here, but I'm leaving my tank stickers on. They aren't as quaint as the old "wear your helment and respect the environment" ones, but they're helpful in their own right. How else am I supposed to remember that uneven loading could result in a crash?

Actually, it's my first new bike, and the stickers just remind me of that:)
 
TODD!!! Haven't seen you post in awhile. Hope all is well with you! We need to have another Chicagoland Chapter meeting soon (by 'soon' I probably mean 'May or June'). Are you planning on going to the bike show?

Oh, and Guth (I think) also kept his tank sticker in tact, so you're not alone.
 
Hey Matt! Doing great (as well as you can do in N. IL in winter) - we added child #3 in Oct, so my riding season ended early.

Already looking forward to the next meeting and bfast at Allen's Corner!

Probably not going to make it to the show this year, unfortunately :(

Hope you're doing well!
 
Congrats on the new addition. I trust that everyone is is healthy and happy. Allens Corner sounds perfect...maybe in April? Anyhow...every day, every hour, of winter passing brings us that much closer to regular riding season. It won't be long now. :)
 
Back
Top