Officially a Member of the CB1100 Club

linuxology_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Had to trailer her home, but after 300 miles. She is safe. She was being neglected and not being treated as she deserved. Glad I was able to save her early and she only has 600 miles. I do think she was driven light based on the previous owner's condition. I gave her a good washing and think she cleaned up quite nice.
 
Beautiful! Congratulations and welcome to the club.

600 miles is new. Did they perform the 600 mile service for you or provide you with records that it was done?
 
Congrats on a great find :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I love the red colour too.
My '14 is Spencer blue, which is different and I like it, but deep down I would like it to be red :D
 
I've heard that rescued bikes are the most loyal bikes. Forever grateful, she will repay your kindness with unconditional love and loyalty. You'll still need to train her not to soil the carpet and she'll need to be taken out often for exercise. Ah, motorcycles. Man's best friend.

Congrats!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Beautiful! Congratulations and welcome to the club.

600 miles is new. Did they perform the 600 mile service for you or provide you with records that it was done?
Ferrett, he did not do it. I will be doing at the very least the oil change tomorrow. It actually has 610 miles. BTW Thanks for the thread on the 600 mile service.
 
Welcome. And a tad jealous you have 600 on it. I didn't hit 600 miles on mine last year before the snow hit. :(
 
It's a shame the original owner couldn't keep her; sometimes the heart is too willing, but life: less so.

Enjoy!
 
Get some RLETS on that thing! :)
 
It might be, but I bet not much. After polished a few times and normal being in the sun, It will most likely be good.

I bought a used 2012 ST 1300 last Summer. It was bought new in 2013 and was garage kept. I removed the tank stickers and the paint was a tad different, but you can't tell now after some polish and a 1200 mile home in the Summer sun.

Be aware that if you remove the stickers and just can't stand it for some reason, you can order new ones and put them back.
 
Thread starter
Please analyze this sticker removal. Did the adhesive not come off with the sticker or is this what it should look like? Wiped it down with WD40 and nothing else is coming off.

 
GooGone is your buddy here. It works so much better than wd40. Your local Ace or Napa should have it. Maybe even WalMart.
 
Back
Top