OEM chain Lube?

Inhouse Bob

Road warrior
Thread starter
Anyone know what product these bikes are shipped with as a chain lube? It seems to hold up great. Some sort of white grease?
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Anyone know what product these bikes are shipped with as a chain lube? It seems to hold up great. Some sort of white grease?
It's the stuff that comes on them from the chain factory. Whenever I buy a new chain that white grease is on it. I think it may be lithium grease.

I tried using lithium grease as a chain lube once. Lube properties were great, but it was a bit thick and attracted a lot of dirt.
 
My house fronts on a dirt road and it's one mile to the pavement so first thing I do when I get a new bike is clean every trace of that heavy grease off the chain and apply a good chain wax like Tirox. Does not fling nor attract dirt and grit which are the enemies of the chain O rings.
 
I use Honda Hp Chain Lube With White Graphite.
Apply every 500 miles, religiously.
Clean the chain thoroughly with kerosene every other oil change.
 
Back
Top