Lord Popgun
Road warrior
It’s pretty simple Ferret: something, something, Blockchain, something, something. 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


Well Henrik, it means you are the perfect tourist, everything "you think" tourism is or can offer, is exactly what isn't any more. And you're in for more, that's what this industry wants. When you think the others are contributing to mass tourism while you don't, think again. Unless you walk from home to these beautiful remaining places, you are as much part of the problem as anybody else. Infrastructure is built to get us all further and further into the rain forest, or into Antarctica, and yes, into every corner of Switzerland in order to squeeze out the better return on investment. Guess who pays for it ? In Switzerland itself you can see it. It's the Swiss you worked for 40 years in Zürich and Luzern at low to medium wages, and are successively forced out of their homes for resettlement in a cheaper corner - if there was one. The same happens in every corner of the world.Henrik_imp said:I don't really understand this:
"...how it more resembles traveling down memory lane than anything else".
I love to travel the world, and it is probably my most important passion, but I do it specifically to discover things, not to relive them. Sure, some of my travels may be to revisit places I lived in or visited in my youth, but primarily it is all about discovering something new. I avoid popular tourist attractions as if they were infested with Covid, and try to find the real culture of the places I visit. My biggest thrill is meeting and getting to know a little bit new people that are locals, and I love discovering what I can about local culinary specialties.
Mass tourism annoys me to no end, and I find it so destructive. Many places in Thailand have already become McDonalds. I hate it when I encounter tourists in some far away place, and all they want is to find a place where they can get a burger or a wiener schnitzel or maybe a steak and kidney pie.
The non-travel situation since Covid is driving me crazy. Yes, there are many beautiful places around me that I can visit on my bike, and although I do enjoy such trips which allows me to see the beauty of Switzerland, I know these places already and so this trips more than anything are trips down memory lane. The sort of travelling I did before Covid were not.
As they say on Facebook — :heart:Houtman_imp said:Just be happy in your life , you can not change many things but you can change your attitude towards problems.
I am not sure that I understand your answer here. Are you saying that tourism today is only and exclusively mass tourism? That if you travel somewhere, you are automatically contributing to the further development of mass tourism and the destruction of the world? If that is the case, then I do not agree with you.j3gq_imp said:Well Henrik, it means you are the perfect tourist, everything "you think" tourism is or can offer, is exactly what isn't any more. And you're in for more, that's what this industry wants. When you think the others are contributing to mass tourism while you don't, think again. Unless you walk from home to these beautiful remaining places, you are as much part of the problem as anybody else. Infrastructure is built to get us all further and further into the rain forest, or into Antarctica, and yes, into every corner of Switzerland in order to squeeze out the better return on investment. Guess who pays for it ? In Switzerland itself you can see it. It's the Swiss you worked for 40 years in Zürich and Luzern at low to medium wages, and are successively forced out of their homes for resettlement in a cheaper corner - if there was one. The same happens in every corner of the world.Henrik_imp said:I don't really understand this:
"...how it more resembles traveling down memory lane than anything else".
I love to travel the world, and it is probably my most important passion, but I do it specifically to discover things, not to relive them. Sure, some of my travels may be to revisit places I lived in or visited in my youth, but primarily it is all about discovering something new. I avoid popular tourist attractions as if they were infested with Covid, and try to find the real culture of the places I visit. My biggest thrill is meeting and getting to know a little bit new people that are locals, and I love discovering what I can about local culinary specialties.
Mass tourism annoys me to no end, and I find it so destructive. Many places in Thailand have already become McDonalds. I hate it when I encounter tourists in some far away place, and all they want is to find a place where they can get a burger or a wiener schnitzel or maybe a steak and kidney pie.
The non-travel situation since Covid is driving me crazy. Yes, there are many beautiful places around me that I can visit on my bike, and although I do enjoy such trips which allows me to see the beauty of Switzerland, I know these places already and so this trips more than anything are trips down memory lane. The sort of travelling I did before Covid were not.
The statement about memory lane does NOT mean go to where you have been before, it means go back to where your older "I" dreams to be - a place where you are young, healthy, carefree, "discover a treasure", served by ... others you don't pay much adequately. And that IS the promise made by this industry ... for a few days at least, and at low cost.
There is no mass tourism which the savvy, well educated tourist can avoid. You're in or out.
:rofl:tod.branko_imp said:I could agree or disagree with anything said here, because i understand all the arguments. Personally though, I love travelling and I love riding, but I seriously dislike travelling on a motorcycle, i find it to be the most inconvenient way to cross large distances. I'll take the plane, the train, the automobile over the motorcycle every day of the week to reach my destination, then when I'm there I'll find myself a bike and ride around. Boats are worse, hate boats and the open sea.
Mass tourism is perfectly fine especially if it helps the people in the industry to survive and progress, and not everyone travels for the culture, some people just wanna go skiing or snorkeling for 10 days without having to adapt to some other way of life. They want to sleep in a clean air-conditioned room, eat the food they know and have fun. Others want to imagine what's it like to be a local yak breeder.
So ride your bike, travel where and how you like and let others do the same. Live and let live.
'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed