NYC motorcycle show - 2013 CB1100 on display

cb400four_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
No 2014 in sight, and the salespeople admitted they didn't know what the status would be. Web kiosk and printed sales materials for 2014 models showed the CB1100 with "(2013)" after the model name.

They had a 2013 on the floor

ae8d2fb2276d993d7236e017f21970e7.jpg
 
Yea, have a feeling we are going to own a rare breed of bike in the US…and be a minority of folks who enjoys the clean and classic lines of this type of motorcycle. But I'm hopeful it will come back in 14 to increase the ranks of riders who appreciate the CB….
 
Thread starter
1100rider_imp said:
Sounds like it could turn into a one year US release. Maybe US sales were not promising enough to put out a 2014 US model?
I asked about CB1100 sales and the sales staff would only say that ABS sales were higher than expected considering the 'retro' demographic of the bike. They said that Honda would probably put ABS on more bikes as standard as a result of the sales experience of the CB1100.
 
My gut told me to get an ABS model while I could. My dealer had 5 non-ABS CB1100's, and was getting another ABS model in Jan. So I think the 2013 models will be around well into next year, but ABS will be more difficult to find.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Trying to be patient, hard to do, should I wait it out, I know where a 2013 is right now waiting for me to write the check....rather have the CB 1100 EX....what to do....what to do....:banana: :celebrate: :excited:
 
That's a tough one…wait and possibly lose out altogether….buy and then see a 2014 sitting on the floor in a few months.
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
Trying to be patient, hard to do, should I wait it out, I know where a 2013 is right now waiting for me to write the check....rather have the CB 1100 EX....what to do....what to do....:banana: :celebrate: :excited:
We just had our La motorcycle Show here in longbeach California and same goes as others have mentioned, No 2014'S but honda sales staff are aware of the new Cb1100EX but just wouldn't say if it will be coming to our shores anytime soon. kept a good sight on the 2013 that was on display and there was a crowd gathered around it like it was when it first came out in 2013.
 
Hey Honda, Maybe we can send all those CTX700's back for a few 2014 CB1100's???

Has anyone else noticed just how many of those things are sitting in thier dealer's showrooms?
 
I can't see worrying about it. Any one that wants one will be able to buy one. Worst case buy a used one and save a bunch of money. It's what I would do. I just was too impatient to wait but today? In the spring there will be plenty. Either new 2014's left over 2013's or used.

One of those problems money will solve easily.

I like the CTX700 and am looking forward to what Honda is bringing out in the spring. I've got a bunch of nice bikes but will likely down size and go with smaller lighter stuff. Honda Valkyries and Harley Fat Boy's are just more then I need.

Buy a slightly used CB1100 and then have money to FARKLE the heck out of it my suggestion
 
HondaJon_imp said:
Hey Honda, Maybe we can send all those CTX700's back for a few 2014 CB1100's???

Has anyone else noticed just how many of those things are sitting in thier dealer's showrooms?
I have noticed and I have seen a bunch of Honda Furys also. I have been in 5 dealers in the last month and only seen 1 new CB11 and it was stuffed in a corner where nobody could find it.
 
I was at the NYC show as well yesterday, and the Honda staff has no idea about the 2014 CB1100. I'd bet it comes back, however, just a hunch. The show itself was great, nice turnout for a workday, and you get a sense that the MC business is on an upswing.

Lots of new models and category- busting bikes. Honda was packed all day. I really dug the KTM Super Duke, and the 690 Duke would be a lot of fun.
 
Capo_imp said:
I was at the NYC show as well yesterday, and the Honda staff has no idea about the 2014 CB1100. I'd bet it comes back, however, just a hunch. The show itself was great, nice turnout for a workday, and you get a sense that the MC business is on an upswing.

Lots of new models and category- busting bikes. Honda was packed all day. I really dug the KTM Super Duke, and the 690 Duke would be a lot of fun.
2013 CB1100 was in the 2014 catalog there, the model on display frame tag dated 3/2013. I can live with my 2013 no prob.
The Yamaha model at the NY Show today sure had a great top-end
https://imageshack.com/i/04c4dsj
 
736cc_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
I was at the NYC show as well yesterday, and the Honda staff has no idea about the 2014 CB1100. I'd bet it comes back, however, just a hunch. The show itself was great, nice turnout for a workday, and you get a sense that the MC business is on an upswing.

Lots of new models and category- busting bikes. Honda was packed all day. I really dug the KTM Super Duke, and the 690 Duke would be a lot of fun.
2013 CB1100 was in the 2014 catalog there, the model on display frame tag dated 3/2013. I can live with my 2013 no prob.
The Yamaha model at the NY Show today sure had a great top-end


Yes, nice vertical twins.
 
bubblerboy64_imp said:
I can't see worrying about it. Any one that wants one will be able to buy one. Worst case buy a used one and save a bunch of money. It's what I would do. I just was too impatient to wait but today? In the spring there will be plenty. Either new 2014's left over 2013's or used.

One of those problems money will solve easily.

I like the CTX700 and am looking forward to what Honda is bringing out in the spring. I've got a bunch of nice bikes but will likely down size and go with smaller lighter stuff. Honda Valkyries and Harley Fat Boy's are just more then I need.

Buy a slightly used CB1100 and then have money to FARKLE the heck out of it my suggestion
The dealer I bought my CB 1100 at had not had another CB since.
Plus if Honda doesn't introduce a '14 model then the price of
2013's will only increase in value.That is entirely a market issue.
I really could care less.I personally don't want to see a whole
gaggle of CB 1100's out there.That's what happened to the
VTX 1800 and it literally destroyed the model.They overproduced those.Plus they usurped the VTX 1800 with a VTX 1300 which
had a Harley sound.Single pin crank with cable clutch.
 
Back
Top