Nurnberg to Caen

Mitch_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just returned from a trip to visit the resting place of my Great Uncle who was killed shortly after the Normandy Landing
 
Fabulous trip and for a very personal and respectful purpose.

Since you're currently living in Germany, I have to ask -- which side did your great uncle fight for? All due respect either way, but the horrific events of 1939-1945 truly fascinate me.

Edit - it appears he was Canadian.
 
Neat trip! I loved riding in Germany when I was there. Such a beautiful place and very surprising in many ways.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
WOW, this 1000 kms trip each way, love long distance rides..:thumbsup:
Did you camp or motels, how many days each direction???

THE QUEEN'S OWN CAMERON HIGHLANDERS OF CANADA

Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada - Wikipedia.
With a signifigant lack of tourists I was able to spoil myself by staying in some increadible hotels !
LongRanger_imp said:
Fabulous trip and for a very personal and respectful purpose.

Since you're currently living in Germany, I have to ask -- which side did your great uncle fight for? All due respect either way, but the horrific events of 1939-1945 truly fascinate me.

Edit - it appears he was Canadian.
Yes as per the picture he (Allen Miller) is resting at the Bretteville Sur Laize Canadian War Cemetary, France (about 18 kms from Caen). Allen was a survivor of the Dieppe Raid but was killed while driving a scout car on July 20th 1944. This was just prior to the battle of Saint Andre Sur Orne ....
 
Back
Top