Note of appreciation...

Quietguy,

So sorry to hear about that happening on your purchase. That is really surprising.

I know there are other CB1100's in the Dallas-Ft Worth area, including a holdover '13. I called to confirm with the dealers.

I just sent you a PM about them.

Good luck with your purchase.
 
Man, oh man!...Am I glad for you that the "pre-flight" by the tech was when the "lemon-drop" failed!...Would have been complete disaster, confidence-wise, for it to have happened as you were on first ride home with it!!...I am kind of shocked that such a major flaw got past the final inspection of assembly line at factory!??...Anyway,...my s uggestion is to say there certainly is no need to "bow-out" from the forum...I have been a follower & sometime poster/contributor(?) here for a couple years & still have not committed to owning a CB1100...though I have to keep reminding me of several reasons(other than the bike) that keep me personally from getting one for now...so, why not stick around & see that your unique(as far as I have known from forum talk) experience of nearly purchasing a "DUD"(which still makes my mind spin that Honda let such a bike slip by their final factory inspection)was a very rare event & learn more about what a CB1100 is all about?...just a thought...enjoy whatever decision seems best to you!
 
I am sure that Quiet Guy has accurately reported what he was told. But alarm bells are going off in the suspicious part of my mind regarding the story that he was told. Maybe I've been reading too many conspiracy theories online?
 
One would think any decent tech would look at the sight window before firing up a new bike
 
Newer generation checking is few and far between. I can't believe a catastrophic failure like that from Honda. I put the probability as extremely low.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think we discussed this once, but do they ship from Japan with oil or does the dealer put it in before delivery?
 
Thread starter
jerrycon_imp said:
I am sure that Quiet Guy has accurately reported what he was told. But alarm bells are going off in the suspicious part of my mind regarding the story that he was told. Maybe I've been reading too many conspiracy theories online?
Actually, I understand your suspicions... But I purchased my 2014 CTX from them without problem or issue. And their prices prove to be the best here in north Texas.

I'm simply glad that no one was injured with this, and as someone else stated, it didn't occur after delivery and upon first saddling up.

There will be other motorcycles :biker: and other 'good' deals I'm sure... but yeah, I was big-time bummed with this.
 
Back
Top