Not sure when i'll ride Again

CIP57_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I had a very close call Saturday morning. My dad passed away Early Friday morning and I was out for a ride to clear my head. I had that lump in my throat the one you get with a heavy heart. I was very aware driving very slow watching every driveway and intersection, riding below the speed i usually travel. It was a short ride of about 40 miles. Was on a rode i travel all the time which has a merge that people fly down and hardly ever slow down, as i leave the traffic light which i usually fly around this sweeper I'm traveling slow today, i see a cop car approaching the merge and take for granted he see's me. We'll he does not and my mirrors because of the angle do not pick up on him coming on me, next thing i see is a front fender maybe 12" from my motor, how he did not hit me is a miracle. He gave up his car against the guard rail to avoid hitting me. He stopped I really had no time to even have any fear and continued to travel thinking that was to close. He caught up with me down the road put his lights on and we pulled over. First thing he says is I'm a rider too!!. I'm so sorry i didn't see you. Great guy in his mid 40's no rookie. I explained i just lost my dad and he must have been looking over me and broke down. Stayed with him for about ten minutes and we drove away.

I went back this morning a took a video, at 28sec mark you can see where he gave up his car against the guard rail.

 
CIP, condolences on the loss of your father. That's very sad for you.

I'm pleased you survived your incident.

Take care.
 
Steve, first off so sorry about your father. Losing ones parents is a horrible thing. Secondly, it's good the policeman took evasive actions which could have made your personal situation so much worse.

As far as not riding again, or when you will ride, you will know when the time is right to throw a leg over the bike again.
 
CIP57,

Sincere condolences... Take care of yourself and your loved ones in coping with the loss of your Dad.
 
Most sincere condolences for the passing of your father. Losing a loved one is a tough thing and I hope that time will bring healing to you and your family.

Glad you were not hurt in this incident. I don't think I would ride for a while if in your circumstance. Thoughts may wander when we grieve.

Take care.
 
Sorry to hear about your loss, take some time away from riding if you do not feel safe to go out on your bike.
The bike will be there for you but now you have to support your family and take care of yourself.
 
My apologies as I simply can't come up with the words that fully capture what I would like to convey to you regarding your loss and subsequent experience. I hope that your healing begins soon.
 
CIP, most sorry about your dad. I lost mine 5.5 yrs ago and it takes time. Be careful these next months as attention is not the best. Regards Eric


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Nobody warns you what a kick in the gut losing your parents is. Sorry for your loss.

It does pass eventually, and riding will be good again someday.
 
CIP I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm glad that he didn't hit you. As you most likely know I'm still recovering from a hit and run and I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. Just take your time, mourn, and you will know when it's time to ride again. My condolences.
 
Condolences, CIP. Losing loved ones always cuts deep because we loved them. As others said, you'll know when the time is right for the other.

David
 
Back
Top