Not really bikes but who here has a SXS or ATV?

Ollie

Been there
Thread starter
Just curious who has them, what kind, where do you use it, do you transport it in a truck or trailer? And were you to replace it what would you choose?

My focus has been on utility versions. A year or so after acquiring rural property back in 2000 I bought my first ATV, a used Honda FourTrax 300 4x4. It's what I used to make most of the trails here. I'd strap a saw on the back, a brush cutter on the front, and head for the woods.
In 2007 I bought my first SXS, a little Mule 610. At only 52" it wasn't much wider than the ATV's I had at the time so it easily fit on the trails. I liked being able to have a passenger right beside me (rather than behind), it just seemed more social. And the dump bed made it much more useful than an ATV for the things I did so I've had SXS's ever since.

They can legally be driven on roads without center lines here (and short distances on lined roads) w/o a license plate which I do on occasion, but they mostly are used on the property. I've never trailered one anywhere else to ride but have toyed with the idea of taking one along with camping gear to a western State such as Arizona for a couple weeks.
 
Ferret has one with a snow plow attachment for making CB snow free paths!
 
Love quads... might have a pic of my last one somewhere...
Found it.

I never leave anything stock.

Intake/exhaust/jet kit, camshaft, full skids- A-arm, chassis, swingarm, winch up front, spot light on handlebars since headlight didn’t aim, digital speedo, aluminum hand guards with plastic brush guard over, rear rack with beer cooler, spare gas can, and tow strap.

04068259aab091945c0f008876df90b1.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret has one with a snow plow attachment for making CB snow free paths!

Indeed, a Honda 420 Rancher DCT with snowblade I ride when the snows too deep for the 2 wheelers lol

6a497f43a108f5cf9982a2fbc76084e2.jpg
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret has one with a snow plow attachment for making CB snow free paths!

Indeed, a Honda 420 Rancher DCT with snowblade I ride when the snows too deep for the 2 wheelers lol

6a497f43a108f5cf9982a2fbc76084e2.jpg
Wow. I didn't know those vehicles were available with a DCT. Honda - maybe not a surprise. Sounds durable.
 
Knock on wood, has been so far. Bought new in 2015.
 
Is there an RLET on the lever? Hard to tell ;)
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Love quads... might have a pic of my last one somewhere...
Found it.

I never leave anything stock.

Intake/exhaust/jet kit, camshaft, full skids- A-arm, chassis, swingarm, winch up front, spot light on handlebars since headlight didn’t aim, digital speedo, aluminum hand guards with plastic brush guard over, rear rack with beer cooler, spare gas can, and tow strap.

04068259aab091945c0f008876df90b1.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks like a fun buggy there with lots of suspension and power!



The ferret_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Ferret has one with a snow plow attachment for making CB snow free paths!

Indeed, a Honda 420 Rancher DCT with snowblade I ride when the snows too deep for the 2 wheelers lol

6a497f43a108f5cf9982a2fbc76084e2.jpg

Indeed, a Honda 420 Rancher DCT with snowblade I ride when the snows too deep for the 2 wheelers lol

2de65933c5d3ae5e93ddd7b085cc934a.jpg

I had a Rancher 420 but probably older than yours. Rather than dual clutch it had the Hondamatic auto/manual transmission which was sort of a hydrostatic controlled, sealed CVT. It was a nice sized ATV for me, had plenty of power, good suspension, and unlike the FourTrax 300 had selectable 2wd/4wd.

 
Back
Top