No Tire Irons? Zip Tie It

Amazing. I changed the tires once on my old F800ST, and IT WAS AN ADVENTURE! I swore I'd never attempt such a thing again, but after seeing this, maybe I'll give it another try.

Balancing with *********, tire changes could be a pretty simple DIY if it's as easy as this method seems.
 
You learn something everyday. I just changed a front tire recently and it was a bit of a fiasco but I got it done but it wasnt that easy and a two man job. Next time, I am going to give that a try since I am such a cheapskate and dont want to pay anybody to do anything for me.
 
Did someone say zip ties?
DISCLAIMER: (not my bike!)

7433e419f991a9561fe97f9b40ca7887.jpg
 
Question..withput spoons how did he get the old tire off that's laying there?
 
Well I have changed a lot of tires in my life. getting them on the rim is a piece of cake compared to getting the old ones OFF the rim.

That does appear to be a good alternative for getting them on though
 
Thread starter
Ferret, there is another You Tube video that shows using zip ties to remove the tire. Hardest part is breaking the bead off the rim. Once that is done the zip ties are passed through and tightened, some lube added to the rim and bead and then the tire pulled off.

 
well I'll be darned. interesting
 
I don't have any trouble changing tire , I just walk out to the garage and I have a small Snapon tool and Hoffman tool to put it on .
It only takes a few minutes. I don't even have to bend my knees.:P
 
Back
Top