no more new internal combustion engines

Thread starter
we remember, a few weeks ago (if I remember correctly) mercedes and bmw announced that they would no longer produce combustion engines in 5-10 years

or

if i have an older vehicle with a certain emission class and want to go to france i have to plan the route exactly because i am no longer allowed to drive into several regions / cities ............ the conditions are accordingly come that combustion engines will no longer be allowed
 
It's all fine and dandy in countries where it's applicable, but the great majority of the world just doesn't have the infrastructure to support a complete switch to electric vehicles. Other thing is that in current setup of life, it is difficult to imagine such a drastic change, but perhaps with the generational shift, the circumstances will change, different values and ways life is lived on a day to day basis will allow a better platform for usage of renewable energy in vehicles.
Some of us will not live to see that change, and some of us perhaps, can't wait for that change to happen.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
clear....it will be step by step until its changed around the world

but somewehre is a start.....
 
tod.branko_imp said:
It's all fine and dandy in countries where it's applicable, but the great majority of the world just doesn't have the infrastructure to support a complete switch to electric vehicles. Other thing is that in current setup of life, it is difficult to imagine such a drastic change, but perhaps with the generational shift, the circumstances will change, different values and ways life is lived on a day to day basis will allow a better platform for usage of renewable energy in vehicles.
Some of us will not live to see that change, and some of us perhaps, can't wait for that change to happen.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
That is the case for almost every country I would say Tod. Most country's have nowhere near the capacity to produce and distribute the amount of electricty required for full electric car ownership. They have to burn something to make that electricty too, unless they go full nuclear I don't know where the enrgy is to come from. The renewable energy equation just doesn't work now or in the foreseeable, will it ever? I can see these deadlines being broken time and time again, politicians are great at aspirations but pretty poor on execution.
 
I heard recently Germany's electrical source is challenged because the wind isn't blowing as much as it typically does. Guess they'll need to import nuclear sourced juice from France until the wind picks up.
 
The EEA has recently published a peer-reviewed report which claims we do not have, not even on a worldwide scale, the mineral resources to even come close to a switch to electric. Example; if every country decided to go and switch by 2050, our mining for copper alone had to go up 20 fold. Not to talk about more precious metals like cobalt. Yes, you read the umber right: 20x that is 2000%
Bringing up mining of any type up by 2% in one year on a large scale would already be a serious challenge by credible sources. Worldwide it’s out of reach.
So much about the electric future. It’s great businesses for Tesla. But on a large scale to save the world it’s a pipe-dream. And this ain’t fake news, my friends.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I heard recently Germany's electrical source is challenged because the wind isn't blowing as much as it typically does. Guess they'll need to import nuclear sourced juice from France until the wind picks up.
Germany is currently going Gung Ho on opening up new coal mines, go figure! The UK imports 20% of its electricity from France today too.
 
Tev62_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
I heard recently Germany's electrical source is challenged because the wind isn't blowing as much as it typically does. Guess they'll need to import nuclear sourced juice from France until the wind picks up.
Germany is currently going Gung Ho on opening up new coal mines, go figure! The UK imports 20% of its electricity from France today too.
Germany is currently going Gung Ho on opening up new coal mines, go figure! The UK imports 20% of its electricity from France today too.
I wish I could say you were wrong, but the truth is the outgoing government has still been "extending" opencast mines in several places in Germany, saying that these are promises made long ago to which they need to stick. And if they stopped the process now, they would have to massively reimburse companies for there losses. Dig this: if you save the planet for everyone, you have to reimburse businesses for there losses, as if business owners didn't have children.
 
To be practical, by the time the world adjusts motorcycles to the new era of zero-emission, most will be ridin' their CB1100s to a Sunday mornin' parking lot meet 'n' greet and coffee. Following that, it will be back home for a nap, then off to pick up some produce and Depends at the grocery store on the eScooter.

Dang the future is bright.
 
And you reckon that's the future, Au₂O₃?
 
No limits to keep your CB registered. Just little increase in gas prices coming. But and as long as they stay under 100$ for a full tank, I will keep going to the Sunday morning meet up. Above that, I'll put gas for 100 bugs in my CB and accept the tank isn't exactly full. The coffee place ain't that far and my bones getting older anyway.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
And you reckon that's the future, Au₂O₃?
Maybe in North America, and strangely to a lesser extent: Western Europe.

Australia - mm, you only need to look back at a young Mel Gibson to see the future. :D (Mad, eh?)
 
Figure it won't affect me much. By 2035 if I'm still above dirt I'm sure I won't be riding. Will be a shame for my son and grandsons though.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Figure it won't affect me much. By 2035 if I'm still above dirt I'm sure I won't be riding. Will be a shame for my son and grandsons though.
I reckon the boys will have access to your legendary CB1100 (and NC750X).

They would just need to find MA/MA2 certified engine oil and, um, ..., ..., ??


... (snap, snap) ...


... gasoline.
 
Back
Top