Nikon multi flash "Commander" mode

TINK_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just testing out my multi flash setup using two Nikon SB600 and my D700 set to "Commander" flash mode.

 
Lovely, Tink. So clean.
 
What did the multiflash do for that picture Tink?
 
The ferret_imp said:
What did the multiflash do for that picture Tink?
It was taken at midnight?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
What did the multiflash do for that picture Tink?
Guess I should have taken a photo without flash for comparison.
Fill flash brings out the details that are hidden in the shadows, like the spark plug caps. It also makes the chrome sparkle.
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
Tink, great depth of field on that shot. I have one of the first digital Nikon's D70, i need to upgrade soon.
Don't give up on that D70 yet, CIP57.

I bought (and still have) a new D70 back in the day.
It has many advanced features, like Commander Mode flash, that Nikon eliminated in later consumer level models.

Having said that, my current Nikon bodies of choice are the D300 DX and the D700 FX.
I also have a D40 as my travel camera, a great little camera.
 
Thread starter
Testing out some new camera setting of the Nikon "Commander" flash mode today on my D700 with multiple SB600 remote flashes.

 
Nice evenly lit shots. I'm partial to the rendering I get from Sony mirrorless bodies with older Zeiss and Minolta manual lenses and natural light. But I love what seeing what other photographers can do. You've created a 3-D "pop" with the microcontrast--something I've rarely seen outside of modern Zeiss lenses (or some work with Photoshop.)

I've used High Dynamic Range to capture an enhanced tonal range of some amazing old bridges, but I've never used it for shooting bikes. It would be interesting to see how the different blacks on my 2014 standard come out. Gotta clean the mud spatters off, first.
 
First that is the cleanest bike I have ever seen! Mine was not that that clean when the dealer handed me the key with only 1 mile on it.

Second the lighting, photo and everything is just spectacular. Just amazing. Talent, the lad has talent.
 
Very, very, nice, Tink. Crisp, clean and makes the bike look good. I understand this is a test of your new equipment so the background in these shots is irrelevant. I can't wait till you get serious with it in a Seat Time.

Cheers, and keep them coming.
 
Back
Top