Nice Pix

LouA_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hey all...not a ride report from me but do check out "Ridin' the Americas Retro-Style!' on"Ride reports" on ADV Rider.com. I think you will like the pix!
 
Looks like a FUN trip - I've read through a bit of it. They do a review of the CB1100, url typed here: Time for some reviews! - Kim and Seb

One of the things they say about "leg room" is quoted here: "And whoever at Honda claims that the seat is comfortable for long rides, clearly never has taken any long rides on that seat! The sitting position is not perfect when spending several hours a day on the bike, our knees hurt from time to time due to the inclination of our legs while riding. Again, no problem for an hour (or two) but after that, the knees and the behind start to hurt."

I hope my knees don't hurt on long rides. If so, I may try peg lowering kit before I go for a higher seat. I'll see soon enough . . . .
 
I just purchased Global Scout panniers for my BMW. Suggest you look at them if going to this style of boxes.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Man, all this stuff is EXPENSIVE.

Both brands are nice but I didn't see a mounting kit listed for the CB on the Global Scout importer site though.
 
Crazy expensive.....I think I was better off before I joined the forum and didn't know all this stuff existed...not really. There goes the 2K I saved on the bike!
 
For my BMW I installed Hepco and Becker racks, then use GlobeScout mounting pucks. My BMW is a 1990. I expect one could use the H&B rack on the CB and then install the GlobeScout panniers. I have not done it, but will consider if I go with hard luggage on the CB. I studied long and hard over 25 sources of Al panniers and ruled it down to Nolan and GlobeScout. After getting them I am most impressed. The pucks are crazy strong also.

There is a supplier in USA is ADVdepot.com


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top